Rest in peace Spanky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is from Spanky’s brother Alam. It is with a very heavy heart that we have to say good bye to my brother Tim. It goes without saying he touched many friends with his humor and his antics. We greatly appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers over the past week and we want to thank everyone. It is great to see the pictures that have been posted in tribute to him, it tells us just how much he meant to all of you too. Just so everyone is aware, we are planning calling hours Sunday (10/03) form 4 to 6 pm at Nicholas funeral home in Niles, OH. WM Nicholas Funeral Home & Cremation Services LLC | Niles OH funeral home and cremation - https://www.nicholasfuneralhome.com/ and services will be held Monday, at St Stephens Church in Niles at 11 AM. The funeral home will post his obituary soon. Our family would like to ask a favor from all his Landcruiser and 4WD friends. We invite all of you to bring your FJ’s, 4wd vehicles, Jeeps (yea I know) etc to be in his funeral procession from the church to the cemetery. One last cruise.

I'm still a lil in shock, Spanky was a character for sure and will be greatly missed. RIP Spanky!!

244005918_10226471640400201_5169427839239975377_n.jpg

42467784_264059004248519_4371820594686066688_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ted,
Shock is an understatement. Being a only a pup, I never wheeled with him nor knew him as well as you, but he was nearly a constant at GSMTR through the decades so we all had the pleasure of meeting him and gaining an appreciation for his personality.

What will always stand out to me as the purest Spanky moment was when I first met him at GSMTR '97. He was taking a shower at McNabb ... via a 30 gal steel barrel that he lifted into the trees with his winch. The water was pre-warmed because the barrel had been in the middle of a camp fire for hours. Modesty was utterly absent from Spanky that day as he showed in full view of the entire camp. I did not take any pictures and I suspect that no one else did either.

What will always stand out to me as the purest Spanky moment was when I first met him at GSMTR '97. He was taking a shower at McNabb ... via a 30 gal steel barrel that he lifted into the trees with his winch. The water was pre-warmed because the barrel had been in the middle of a camp fire for hours. Modesty was utterly absent from Spanky that day as he showed in full view of the entire camp. I did not take any pictures and I suspect that no one else did either.

LOL!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom