Replacement Rear Shocks for Stock 470 Setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Writing a quick message for anyone who might be interested.

I purchased my GX back in May and have decided to keep the stock suspension setup (for now). With a lot of work done under the hood to bring her up to date, I decided to take a chance with these rear electronic shock replacements on amazon.

I'm 5K miles into a NY to Utah and back road-trip (currently in the Rockies) and they've worked great, very comfortable ride and have improved my overall ride quality significantly.

they even have the word "TOYOTA" stamped on the metal of the shocks... no idea though if this is legitimate or not :)

Happy trails friends.

282CD243-9F57-401C-9963-CA8279ACCD0E_1_105_c.jpeg

Hello Mobius,
I have an 08 too and looking into these because my rear shocks are destroyed, would the ride adjustment controls still work with these?
Thanks

Hello Mobius,
I have an 08 too and looking into these because my rear shocks are destroyed, would the ride adjustment controls still work with these?
Thanks
Replied to your msg, let me know if you have any other questions!

Hey, thanks for the post. My shocks recently leaked so I need to get new ones. Did you have any problems with the ride adjustment control?

Hey, thanks for the post. My shocks recently leaked so I need to get new ones. Did you have any problems with the ride adjustment control?

Hey Nikita, I've installed the same Luft Miester rear shocks recently based on Mobius's recommendation above, and the ride adjustment control is working fine so far.

Nart beat me to it but yes! Ride control works perfectly fine. I've now covered 7K miles on them and so far so good.

Glad its working out! I did mine just in time (aside from them being the originals and leaking). This is what the top end of my old shock looked like.

pic1.jpg

This is great info, thanks--been putting it off on my 07 due to expense. Been getting a rough ride until I adjust the height; like they're stuck or something and need to be compressed or stretched before functioning properly. Just ordered the above ones yesterday. Once they're changed over will let you know how they do! Thanks for the input!

This is great info, thanks--been putting it off on my 07 due to expense. Been getting a rough ride until I adjust the height; like they're stuck or something and need to be compressed or stretched before functioning properly. Just ordered the above ones yesterday. Once they're changed over will let you know how they do! Thanks for the input!
Let us know! best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom