Replacement glass - window tint removal struggles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got my 100 in at a local (well regarded) window tint shop and they ran into problems removing the old tint (PO installed) and said they either have to scrape off the old tint (destroying the fog/defrost lines) or have the glass replaced if I want to retain proper operation. They had problems with the rear window and one of the rear quarter windows.

Two questions...

(1) For the rear hatch window, any reason a Toyota gasket is especially required or is aftermarket okay?

(2) The shop said they believe the rear quarter window also has heating lines (which I can't recall being there nor does the owner's manual reference). Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a million!

(2) The shop said they believe the rear quarter window also has heating lines (which I can't recall being there nor does the owner's manual reference). Any thoughts on this?

Passenger rear quarter window has a radio “diversity” antenna that looks like defogger wire in some years/models.

You won't save a significant amount of money buying an aftermarket window seal. And none will be as good as the OEM. Your choice.

Your shop should know which solutions to use to remove window tint adhesive. They shouldn't have to scrape the glass. If they do, you'll need a need rear window. I can't see the defroster wiring surviving...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom