Replacement gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the MAF long range replacement tank that fits under both the passenger and driver seats. Or if anyone knows another MFG that sells them.

I built my own for under the rear of the truck between the frame rails of my '71 fj40. FYI I used a tank sealer from http://www.eastwoodco.com/ (then just search for tank sealer) I really like it out of the passenger compartment.

What material did you build it with? How much welding prowess must one have in order to do this?

I used 11 gauge mild steel and a wire feed welder added some baffles inside to prevent sloshing. as far as welding goes make several passes to make sure you get all the large holes filled, and then the sealer will do the rest.

Did you create a steel box with a filler neck? Do you have this on your "purple rig" now? How long have you had it? What did you use to cut the pieces? Was this someone elses design? Blah, Blah, Blah.........
I am VERY interested in getting rid of the underseat tank in mine. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom