Replaced all of my tail light bulbs with LED's. Dummy code light on my dash. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
QUESTION: Is there a simply way to clear the brake light icon which is lit up on my dash?
I moved my truck into my garage before I completed the conversion to LED's. The warning light on the dash occurred when no bulb was in the socket. BTW- all of the running, brake, turn signal lights work as they should. Also, I replaced the turn signal relay to an LED compliant relay. Thanks!

should auto detect

This will sound crazy but the car senses a drop in the use of power by the LED bulbs. What I did was take out one of the tail lights on the gate. Drive around for a few days then put that light back in mine got rid of my light

I don't have a techstream, but any code reader should be able to reset all codes on your vehicle. Then it will complete a drive cycle and if the problem persists the CEL will return.

You will just have to live with it. You can reset but as soon as you put foot on brake it will come back on.

My 04 had lights changed out with OEM ones in 06 and per records it has done it since 06.

Interesting! Which light did you remove?

I spoke with the Lexus service tech and he mentioned the lower voltage could have caused the warning light. Further he said the Techs would probably recommend replacing the the LED’s back to the factory bulbs!

This will sound crazy but the car senses a drop in the use of power by the LED bulbs. What I did was take out one of the tail lights on the gate. Drive around for a few days then put that light back in mine got rid of my light

So you drove around with a missing brake light bulb & then reinserted the LED bulb & it fixed the brake light icon.
I wonder if you could remove the bulb & apply the brakes a dozen times, turn off & back on again apply brakes, & repeat 3 or 4 times & get it fixed that way. I'm going to try it & report back.

Ok so just tried the experiment. No change, tail light icon still on. Any ideas.

Remove the cluster and pull that warning bulb out, it's useless, when we don't need the car to tell us when the lights don't work, we have police officers for that.

Anyone able to figure this out? Im tired of seeing the light on my dash cluster. Thanks.

i used a resistor on my side lights as it wasnt pulling enough power and front side lights came on when braking and dash light. its now ok.the down side i dont think itll register bulb failure due to the resistor (not checked though).Also bear in mind my car is a uk right hand drive, so the same as in japan and may be different to u.s spec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom