remote starter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
any one running a remote starter? its getting pretty cold here and the cruisers parked out side all year round it would be nice to be able to warm it up before i take off every morning before school. i have seen alot of them are remote starter-alarm but i dont wanna change the alarm just want to add the starter. any one heard of any problems with them? whos got a good brand? how hard are they to install?

thanks mike

I've got a cheapy. Works great. Easy to install. The newer ones use the increase in battery voltage to signal the vehicle is running rather that monitoring tach signal. This means there is no sensative ECM wiring that needs to be disturbed. I don't use an alarm, either the factory POS or aftermarket. Waste of time and really annoying, IMHO. If you run the factory alarm and the remote starter, you will need two seperate key fobs, something I am not willing to do.

You should be aware that the best way to warm up your engine is to drive it. It is actually not all that good to warm it by letting it run. That being said, I do exactly that.

yea, i've got meself a cheapo remote start, but it starts it remotly so its all I need. Got it at cc for $100 installed. I also got it on employee discount, but I beleve you could pick one up for about 150-200 installed there. If you want a fancy pants one, check a tweeter store, they've got some nice stuff. Its worth it, one of the best things i've ever spent my money on.

im not looking to warm the engine up as much as i want the interior and the ice off my windows with out going out every morning at 5:00 to scrape it all off and sit in my frezzing leather seats.

LX, I have a Valet model one - came with the cruiser, and use it for just that reason. Works great and shuts off after 9 mins. Set the timer on the microwave for 9 mins and do it again. After 2 times, it's ice free for sure :D

Don't forget to go get it though, I leave my lights on all the time (Junks version of DRL :flipoff2:) and it would run down the batt if you forgot about if for a long time.

Just set the defrosters on before you shut it off. Also, it always helps to stick your wiper arms up before you go in (during snow storms) that way they are useable immediately. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom