Reman Denso Alternator from densoproducts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all, it's new alternator time after 169K. Looking at remanufactured Denso across the web from rock auto and toyota parts sites, but it seems like densoproducts is selling them cheap (138+shipping) and not charging a core fee so I can keep the fixed up old one as a spare. Any red flags with them? Chance of knockoff? Seems like the site is a subsidiary of SparkPlugs.com/Monarch Products.

Howdy all, it's new alternator time after 169K. Looking at remanufactured Denso across the web from rock auto and toyota parts sites, but it seems like densoproducts is selling them cheap (138+shipping) and not charging a core fee so I can keep the fixed up old one as a spare. Any red flags with them? Chance of knockoff? Seems like the site is a subsidiary of SparkPlugs.com/Monarch Products.

that site is linked from densos own website so should be good to go.

You'll probably need a new brush kit at 169 K miles, unless there is any other issue. Mine is at 237K miles and it received a new brush kit at 230 K miles. Buy OEM brush kit if you decide to go with brushes.

Thanks for the heads up. Just scooped one up for 100 bucks
Was that online? If so, could you share?

You'll probably need a new brush kit at 169 K miles, unless there is any other issue. Mine is at 237K miles and it received a new brush kit at 230 K miles. Buy OEM brush kit if you decide to go with brushes.
I looked at process for rebuilding, don't think I have time or patience for that, will do the install of the reman unit myself

Summit Racing has the best prices I've seen. $132 shipped

I believe it's sent direct from Denso.
Thanks, that looks $15 cheaper even after core fee! 144 shipped to me

EDIT to say that Summit can't ship till July, going to go with densoproducts I think

EDIT to say that Summit can't ship till July, going to go with densoproducts I think

I saw that also, but since it's sent from Denso (I assume) I believe they just list long shipping times whereas I would expect it to actually be sooner or as long as densoproducts. I understand your concern though. I don't have any association with them. Just sharing my assumptions which may be wrong.

I rebuilt mine for some reason, even though reman would have been about the same price. I did bearings, brushes, a couple washers, and the rectifier. Not the regulator since mine seemed fine and that's the most expensive part to buy separately. Gave everything a good clean and installed it a few days ago. I guess my reasoning is that I knew all the parts were new, whereas I've heard some reman units don't replace everything. No telling if that was a wise choice though. Time will tell.

Best of luck with the install.

I got my Denso reman from carquest when I replaced mine, worth checking with them if they are in your area and you need it faster.

Ive bought from densoproducts.com before; legit- shop with confidence. But you can find it cheaper- RA is the same price but shipping is $20 less to my zip code via Fedex ground. You might check there before pulling the trigger.

I looked at process for rebuilding, don't think I have time or patience for that, will do the install of the reman unit myself

FWIW it's like 5 minutes tops to replace the brush holder. Maybe 6 if you need to search for an 8mm socket. The hardest part of the job is getting the alternator out and back in.

I saw that also, but since it's sent from Denso (I assume) I believe they just list long shipping times whereas I would expect it to actually be sooner or as long as densoproducts. I understand your concern though. I don't have any association with them. Just sharing my assumptions which may be wrong.

I rebuilt mine for some reason, even though reman would have been about the same price. I did bearings, brushes, a couple washers, and the rectifier. Not the regulator since mine seemed fine and that's the most expensive part to buy separately. Gave everything a good clean and installed it a few days ago. I guess my reasoning is that I knew all the parts were new, whereas I've heard some reman units don't replace everything. No telling if that was a wise choice though. Time will tell.

Best of luck with the install.
Thanks! Alternator arrived yesterday, might try and repair the old one after I get this one installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom