Relay Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mud electrical geniuses,

I'm building an auxiliary underhood fuse/relay box from a Toyota OEM fuse/relay box I've gotten at the junkyard . My question is I will be wiring 2 20A micro relays to be engine running only. My initial plan is to go off the alternator fuse (this may change). I was planning on running the control side inputs to the relays in parallel. Control wire coming from the Alt circuit comes into relay 1 and I daisy chain that input to the control side input of relay 2.

My question is how many amps do the Toyota OEM 20A micro relays draw on the control side? I can't imagine it is much, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't going to tax the stock wiring controlling multiple relays from the same circuit. Once I have general idea on the control side amperage I can measure the OEM circuit wiring and see if I can do this safely.

Thanks,

Unless it's some type of oddball (doubtful) it's really insignificant. Maybe 50 milliamps. Your rig will never know they're there.

Unless it's some type of oddball (doubtful) it's really insignificant. Maybe 50 milliamps. Your rig will never know they're there.

Gracias!

I was pretty sure that was the case. These are just your run of the mill OEM/Denso relays that were in the fuse boxes I pulled.

I've been able to source some new relay and fuse terminals that fit the Toyota fuse box, so on to wire layouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom