Red Rock Canyon whirlwind tour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
My buddy the HENDOG flew in Wednesday and bought an FJ45 from a fellow MUD member. I thought it would be nice to show him some of our local deserts before he flys back to Atlanta on Tuesday {He's already seen SNT and Rubithon] On VERY short notice, Calico, Morgan, Doug, Tamara, Hendog and I pulled together an overnighter from the shop yesterday.

Left the shop 8:30 pm, set up camp just before midnight, on the trail by 9:30 this morning and were done by 2pm. Not a lot of time, but man we sure packed in a lot of memories.

Not to often I get to watch another 45 wheeling, but watching an old hand like Henry handle a very trailworthy 45 was super cool for me.:cool:

CIMG0727.JPG

We were going to set up camp at the south end of Last Chance and run up the canyon first thing, but the wind last night out on the Fremont Valley was not good, so we went up the highway and on into Bonanza.

First stop was in Bickel Camp. Hendog said it reminded him of home in the backwoods of PA...minus the trees!:hillbilly: Then on into the State Park, where we took a little walk into the riparian area and Tamara got a cattail to take to her mother's gravesite for mother's day. Then we did some cross country driving on a seldom used trail in the park back out to EP15, stopping to collect some very cool and unusual rock specimens, and back out EP100 to Garlock road. We were moving at a pretty good clip, and most of the rest of my pics were junk taken thru the windshield glass. Hopefully the others will post. Here's one of Hendog and yoyokid climbing one of the hills out of Last Chance:

CIMG0730.jpg

Boy the was a fun little trip! Hendog looked like that crazy cat from Alice in wonderland with the big smile the whole time! Lol.
Here is a shot of camp at the Sears cabin

ForumRunner_20130515_173950.jpg
Should have got more pics but pig wrestling kept my bizzy

ForumRunner_20130515_173950.jpg

More pics

Bickel camp
And out in front of jawbone station just after the run around Red Rock... Fun run fast run to test out Henry's new FJ 45 nice truck

image-2742545546.jpg

image-2169825615.jpg

image-676881150.jpg

image-1377719962.jpg

image-4146027741.jpg

image-1186575400.jpg

Here we go! Thanks for everyone’s Californian type- hospitality:cheers:, and Patience:p, I just got back from The Great Smokey Mountain Trail ride 4 days of the wettest weather the South east can offer, after experiencing a week of the driest Weather L.A. could throw at me, the week before! Life is so rich.

Here comes some Fun-shine! Still smiling like the Chesire Cat! Yes deep inside I hear the Desert calling me back- Talk about wide open spaces!!! WOW! You gotta go that’s all I can say. And the Question is how soon can I get back??? Stay tuned for the answer!

I am back in my over scheduled world, with its Stressful demands and the sh^# is backing up. Wife demands:princess:, Work Demands:bang:, Grown Kid Demands:meh:, Part-Time Job Demands:eek:, and the new car is in the shop flooded with 2" of water from an air conditioning malfunction!:censor:

All the Hendog wants is to free his mind :cool:, but it keeps coming, at the speed of life, and I help create the messes. Oh well sink or swim! :steer:

Droid Desert Photos 3981.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4014.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4022.jpg

Did I mention I'm a driver?:steer: Here's "the big red truck, I hope she dosen't get jealous of "the little red truck".

So glad that I'am its current caretaker! Pretty cool that Tony was a Truckie, as well. Had a great time meeting Tony and his wife, hope to stay in touch. Stay safe my brother!

He's got a killer Fire Memorabilia collection with Lots of great History!!! Hope to host his family sometime for some trout fishing, and Fire Geek Treasure hunting in the future. (Gotta Love the Cruiser Community!)

The last picture shows a Rainbow going into the back of the Little 45, a true sign!
Everybody knows it never rains in Sunny Southern California!!!

Droid Desert Photos 4503.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 3908.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 3902.jpg

Now back to the desert.

So as Mark stated we set up Camp at Midnight.
(That's 3a.m. :banana::banana::banana:Atlanta time!) I was wooped. But I fought the sleepy-dirt Devils as long as I could taking in the night sky. My wife said on the phone earlier that she hoped I would see a shooting star---Brothers and Sisters, I saw 3 within 5 minutes of each other as soon as I layed down my weary head!!! Super Cool stuff. If you have never seen the stars in a low humidity atmosphere , then you have never seen the Stars!!! The only picture I have of this is in my own mind(Sorry), but I'm sure the L.A. Trail Crew would be happy to set up a trip for you---Just ask. I think these guys are just looking for an excuse to wheel in the Desert!

Droid Desert Photos 3937.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4024.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4055.jpg

You meet the nicest people in the Desert!

Did you know John starred in Space Balls-The Lost Desert Patrol.

Ask Mark about the story behind the bullet hole in the chair!

Droid Desert Photos 4048.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4053.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4102.jpg

Back to the Desert! The colors changed around every corner, quite cool:cool:!

Droid Desert Photos 4149.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4178.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4192.jpg

By the time I left L.A I had put about 350 miles on "The Little Red Truck". She runs on down the highway at a good clip, and off road she is well balanced-and a pleasure to drive. I miss her already!

Droid Desert Photos 4083.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4139.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4143.jpg

Jebus! You guys look like you know where those Manson bodies are buried! :D

Wish I cudda gone but I hadda work :crybaby:

You mean these guys?

Maybe down a shaft like this?

Droid Desert Photos 4163.jpg

Droid Desert Photos 4035.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom