Red Hills Land Cruiser club does Talladega NF (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, I’m a member of Red Hills Land Cruiser club centrally located in Thomasville Georgia but serving South Georgia, North Florida, and some of Southeastern Alabama. I have planned a ride for our club through Talladega NF November 11-12. It was suggested by a member of your club through another Facebook page, to hit y’all up and see if anyone would be interested in tagging along with us. This will be a new place for most of our group and some local knowledge would be great and more land cruisers are always welcome!

Hey folks, I’m a member of Red Hills Land Cruiser club centrally located in Thomasville Georgia but serving South Georgia, North Florida, and some of Southeastern Alabama. I have planned a ride for our club through Talladega NF November 11-12. It was suggested by a member of your club through another Facebook page, to hit y’all up and see if anyone would be interested in tagging along with us. This will be a new place for most of our group and some local knowledge would be great and more land cruisers are always welcome!
A bunch of us will be up in Tuscumbia, AL at Hawk Pride Offroad that weekend for HOT South Cruisers yearly ride. Hopefully there will be a few local guys that could still join y'all.

A bunch of us will be up in Tuscumbia, AL at Hawk Pride Offroad that weekend for HOT South Cruisers yearly ride. Hopefully there will be a few local guys that could still join y'all.
A wee bit cold and foggy. 😁
54BC44A2-89E3-482E-8A33-ED42332384AF.jpeg
974F6202-1322-4E83-B8C1-FFC9F54B4FA5.jpeg

Last edited:
May be related to the recent murder of a Florida man. It was discovered that some people were living "Off the Grid" and were praying on those driving the roads. Several Federal agencies are involved in the investigation. FBI and ATF to consider.

The National Forest Service has removed the people involved and the road may be open soon.

When driving the Talladega National Forest you should be very cautious when encountering people on the roads. Especially those on foot and those appearing to have a break down.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Hello All-
Is 600-2 closed now?

JB

Hello All-
Is 600-2 closed now?

JB
600-2 isn’t but the little “skyline drive” that is the first 0.5 of a mile in Talladega Co is still blocked off. That is on the southwest end. The only part not in the TNF and in Talladega Co.

600-2 isn’t but the little “skyline drive” that is the first 0.5 of a mile in Talladega Co is still blocked off. That is on the southwest end. The only part not in the TNF and in Talladega Co.
So in essence that 0.5 of a mile is private property?

So in essence that 0.5 of a mile is private property?
That is correct; however, while the land is private there are a lot of people who believe the road is a public road and are working on that end of things.

That is correct; however, while the land is private there are a lot of people who believe the road is a public road and are working on that end of things.
I’m assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the county maintains the road and having a private gate doesn't aid in that endeavor. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom