STOLEN RECOVERED!! 1996 Fzj80 Stolen in Oakland California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stolen on June 14 around 0100. The crook was able to open the locked door without breaking the glass, then drove around the corner where he parked the truck and walked on foot through the neighborhood breaking into other cars. A neighbor who I do not know noticed him driving around in my truck, along with another vehicle and shot some video of the guy getting out of my truck. Unfortunately, the neighbor didn't call the police so they were able to break into a few other cars until a car alarm scared them off.

LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg
LC3.jpg

Last edited:
The neighbor watches and films it happening and doesn't call the police, WTF? Is that west coast culture? Bury your head in the sand or take a video and all the problems will go away? Sorry about your truck and hope you get it back.

The neighbor watches and films it happening and doesn't call the police, WTF? Is that west coast culture? Bury your head in the sand or take a video and all the problems will go away? Sorry about your truck and hope you get it back.
Yeah, that was a bummer because those neighbors saw the crooks prowling around for a while and didn't call the cops for whatever reason. It sucks to think my truck was taken and parked so close to my house, had I noticed it was gone I could have seen it down the street.

I drive from Castro valley to Pittsburg all week i will keep my eyes open for that rig. Hope they don't chop it up in pieces like they did with that red one.:mad::(

I drive from Castro valley to Pittsburg all week i will keep my eyes open for that rig. Hope they don't chop it up in pieces like they did with that red one.:mad::(
I’m answering every single unknown phone call I get hoping it’s the cops telling me they found my truck, the waiting sucks.

Let's hope they just need it for a joy ride or hauling stuff they stole. I suggest drive around with in a 2 mile radius of your hood.
PM your number if you don't mind I drive around with a service truck at times. Report to CHP too.

Sorry for your loss. Hope they recover it in good shape. The neighbor should have called the police instead of ducking behind the curtain like a poonany, but at least you have the video for something to go on.

Sorry for your loss. Hope they recover it in good shape. The neighbor should have called the police instead of ducking behind the curtain like a poonany, but at least you have the video for something to go on.
That poonany had been walking his dog around the block and saw these guys driving around, getting out of the car and trying door handles, my wife just told me that a few minutes ago. I initially thought he was just looking out the window and happened to see this but he had actually been out there watching them and didn’t call the cops…ugh.

its scary to read this stuff, that some crook can easily unlock and start your car like it's just something to do in the evening for them.

its scary to read this stuff, that some crook can easily unlock and start your car like it's just something to do in the evening for them.
Yes. The ignition wasn’t damaged so they might have had a master key or something. The driver’s door lock was punched out.

Glad you got her back minus some wheels! What was the back story to finding it?

Glad you got her back minus some wheels! What was the back story to finding it?
I was at home when I got a call from a blocked number and it was the Oakland Police telling me the truck was found and if I wanted to call a tow or have them tow it. I asked about the condition of the truck and all she knew was that it was "on the ground" so I told her to go ahead and tow it and I'd head over to look at it. They had dumped it 2.5 miles from my house and I think it sat there for the two weeks it was missing because there was a bunch of garbage inside and outside the truck. Inside the truck it looks like someone was hanging out doing drugs or just sleeping. This was right at an autozone parking lot with lots of traffic, i saw another car on blocks right near mine but the cops didn't even look at it.

Last edited:
Stolen on June 14 around 0100. The crook was able to open the locked door without breaking the glass, then drove around the corner where he parked the truck and walked on foot through the neighborhood breaking into other cars. A neighbor who I do not know noticed him driving around in my truck, along with another vehicle and shot some video of the guy getting out of my truck. Unfortunately, the neighbor didn't call the police so they were able to break into a few other cars until a car alarm scared them off.

View attachment 2706006View attachment 2706007View attachment 2706008

That's messed up. I live in the city and I am always worried that someone is going to steal my car for the tires. So sick of this &*$#. My other car has been broken into at least four times.
I was at home when I got a call from a blocked number and it was the Oakland Police telling me the truck was found and if I wanted to call a tow or have them tow it. I asked about the condition of the truck and all she knew was that it was "on the ground" so I told her to go ahead and tow it and I'd head over to look at it. They had dumped it 2.5 miles from my house and I think it sat there for the two weeks it was missing because there was a bunch of garbage inside and outside the truck. Inside the truck it looks like someone was hanging out doing drugs or just sleeping. This was right at an autozone parking lot with lots of traffic, i saw another car on blocks right near mine but the cops didn't even look at it.

i-5FqVg4d-XL.jpg

Unfortunately the towing company did more damage to my truck than the thieves. They made a sandwich with my truck in the middle then pushed hard, charged me $830 for the pleasure too. I regret not having the truck towed to my house, would have been better off than leaving it in the hands of these bums.

i-4hqdZvP-XL.jpg

Any updates on your rig? @eastoak
Yes. I accepted a $14000 settlement and kept the truck. Had the insurance company kept the truck they would have given me $18530.64 The towing company damaged the tailgate pretty badly and I’m working with Visa in a chargeback for the $830 in fees. I found a tailgate at a junkyard from a 1996 truck the same color as mine for $134 so that part is squared away but I’m still doing the chargeback. I bought new oem carpet, a sunroof (my old one rattled), putting new leather on the seats, sliders (mostly for the cat theft protection)and a bunch of bits and bobs as I find them. Some of my friends thought I should avoid the salvage title but I have no plans to sell my truck so I don’t care about a salvage title. I’m doing all of the things I’ve always wanted to do to the truck but all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom