Recommended reading for American V8s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m straying from my OEM purist ways... I’ve never owned a vehicle with an American V8 but I will soon!

Any recommended reading on American V8s so I don’t sound like a totally clueless person??? I’m pretty excited hehe

gas? diesel?

Gas. A Ramjet 350 more specifically.

I would look into LS conversion depending on use and $$. On road or off?

I should have been more specific. I bought a Land Cruiser with a V8 swap!

I should have been more specific. I bought a Land Cruiser with a V8 swap!
What type of land cruiser? So it already has a v-8 in it? What is in it now, the ramjet 350? Good engine, they fit better than the LS stuff.
Pics are always welcome! :) I am not a purest either although I do appreciate them. I have a 350 in one of mine and it brings a lot of smiles.

Thanks,
Rob

This thread needs pictures and details.

I have a 60 series addiction. Let’s wait until it’s actually in front of my house before I post up pics. The shipper should pick it up in a week or so. The seller is just waiting for the check to clear!

tick tock!

I know right! Hoping it gets picked up sometime this weekend.

Well I suppose she’s on the truck heading this way so...

97DA1419-78D4-45AF-BC19-EF1EB97C543B.jpeg

I still remember the first time I watched a video of it climbing Hells Revenge a decade ago!

Any specs on the truck?

First off, it’s pretty fun. I am finding that the engine is less smooth and rev happy from about 3500-5000. I think 5500 is the redline. I’ll need to look into that. Also, one of the KM2s has a decent slow leak. I’ve learned that a 10psi difference in one tire is easily noticed on 40s!

Otherwise. Most awesome truck I’ve ever owned. Here are the specs as far as I know

It’s a RamJet 350 running on a MEFI 4 ecm.
It’s connected to a NV4500 transmission and Atlas 2 transfer case.
14 bolt in the rear and Dana 60 up front
ARB s front and rear
4.56 gears I think.
Disc brakes all around
Beadlocks with 40X14.5-17 KM2 tires.

Lots of tube work obviously and the quality looks really really good. The body is very clean and the paint hides the pinstriping really well. The interior is also in great shape. I pulled out the seat covers since they needed to be cleaned and the stock fabric looks great!

If anyone is out in moco and wants to school me on changing a tire on beadlocks you’d be my hero! I’d just put the spare on but the rim doesn’t match!

what's up with the penis head aircleaner? ;)

Just making people think it’s got one of those boat sonar things up there... I’ve got the regular snorkel topper too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom