recommendations on a good power inverter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to upgrade my cheap harbor freight power inverter. Now that i've got my solar dialed in and dual batteries, i'd like to get a nicer inverter.

Any particular brands that seem to be better than others? I really haven't done enough research and i don't want to just buy any 1000w inverter.

Looking for a pure sine inverter and think around 1000W is a good target.

Alex, I have owned & used two Xantrex SW inverters over the past decade and would buy them again. I have a 2000w Prowatt SW (available in 1000w peak model) in the little trailer and zero issues. Having said that I'm in the beginning stages of building the new truck and probably going with a Samlex PST-2000 with remote. I want to be able to re-locate the AC outlet with remote on/off ... otherwise the Prowatt SW would get the nod.

ProMariner makes good stuff. Their inverters produce double rated power for surge startups. 2k out of a 1k inverter to get that power tool going.

I have one of their battery chargers and its awesome. Plus they're made for a salty marine environment so longevity should be good.

Also Samlex is one of the best names in the business.

I ended up grabbing a xantrex as suggested by Dan.

Oh fine...! :shifty:

sorry i was trigger-happy. I had already ordered on amazon before you gave me the heads up.

LOL its cool man. Im the same way.
Xantrex is a good brand. I would have put it right after Samlex.

Good luck and enjoy!

Those promariner units are $$$.
I'd like to have an inverter just to run an electric impact wrench.
I'll have to check it and see how much power it's pulling on startup, before I decide on an inverter

just for the record or the next guy looking magnum inverters are serious, serious coin but are serious pure sine wave chargers and inveroters. as are go power a distant second

just for the record or the next guy looking magnum inverters are serious, serious coin but are serious pure sine wave chargers and inveroters. as are go power a distant second

Magnum inverters are also made in USA I believe. They have some big ones too with chargers, shore power and all that. $$$

Magnum inverters are also made in USA I believe. They have some big ones too with chargers, shore power and all that. $$$
they are and they do, mine can charge both my batteries up no prob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom