Recent 3B Turbo Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently put a turbo on my bj73’s 3B motor using diesel42’s kit and I am getting some oil in the intake tube between the Turbo and intake. Any thoughts on this? Cruising I am running about 5psi with a max of 8psi under heavy acceleration. Don’t seem to be consuming oil. Brand new garret turbo. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

7CA9725A-1882-46B2-A684-208F5A56BDD0.jpeg

I have recently put a turbo on my bj73’s 3B motor using diesel42’s kit and I am getting some oil in the intake tube between the Turbo and intake. Any thoughts on this? Cruising I am running about 5psi with a max of 8psi under heavy acceleration. Don’t seem to be consuming oil. Brand new garret turbo. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

View attachment 2085327

Where is your crankcase tube at or vented to? A blocked one can cause a turbo to push oil.

Other sources could be bad seal/journal in turbo.

How big is the oil drain for the turbo and where is it plumbed in at?

Crank case vents per factory to atmosphere via a tube coming from the side of the motor. I’ll check if that has any blockage.

Turbo drain is what was supplied and seems adaquate. It drains straight down into the oil pan via a bung welded to the side.

Try removing your oil filler cap while the engine is running. Set it in the hole and see how much it bounces, or just feel the air with your hand. This will give you an idea how much crank case pressure you have.

If there is a lot of pressure it could be pushing some oil out the turbo. If there's not much pressure, your turbo seals may have some issues.

If you do have too much crank case pressure, look into blown headgasket issues or even stuck piston rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom