Dodge Rebuilt ‘15 Charger 3.6L V6 Pentastar and I’m losing oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the title says. The car was flooded during tropical storm Imelda, but luckily it shut off as soon as it hit high water. Damages were shattered piston and bent/broken con rod in cylinder, along with the oil jet.

I honed and bored all cylinders 0.030in over, replaced pistons and piston rings, all gaskets, crank bearings, and just the one connecting rod (since they’re interchangeable with 0.030in oversize pistons), pcv valve, and all spark plugs. The cylinder head for that bank surprisingly took no damage, no bent/unseated valves, cracks, etc.

When driving in front of my parents shortly after the rebuild, my dad noticed blue smoke from my exhaust. Smoke is expected until rings seat right so I wasn’t too shocked with that, but after 1,000 break in miles there is still a good amount of smoke coming from my exhaust.The break in miles aren’t long trip, just to work and classes and home, all about 25 miles from each other.

I went ahead and started taking the top of the engine apart again and noticed oil in the cylinder 2 spark plug tube, but after inspecting the valve cover I noticed the tube seal wasn’t seated correctly, so I replaced that and ensured it was seated and put it back on after running a leak down test into all three cylinders of that bank.
No leaks detected, through the test at least, but either way I felt pretty confident in ruling out the head since it took no damage (had it inspected).

There was no oil on my dipstick 2 weeks after the rebuild, but since then I’m having to dump about 3 quarts of oil every week. It’s been up and running for about 4 weeks now.

I’m completely lost on where to go from here.
Any suggestions are much welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom