Rebuilding the front clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This all started with a rebuild of my HJ's front radiator shade.
took it off, found some high temp mil spec fabric to make a new shade and painted all the hardware, this led to blacking out the grille,

took off all the plastic, brought it to a chrome plater and had it all dipped and all the chrome removed, painted with dupli-color plastic adhesion promotor and rustoleum pro primer and rustoleum pro flat black.

then I realized my front crossmember and body mounts were totally rusted through

so..

Starting with a rust free front bib, got it blasted and professionally sprayed a gloss black. Luckily all the hardware is still available from toyota and I got a new hood latch and hood support rod, and all the necessary bolts and clips and stuff,
also got some new 24v hella horns,

here are some pics of the dry fit:

90c1dc78.jpg

434d8dc1.jpg

290040fd.jpg

dec7559f.jpg

now that I have everything it is time for final assembly
I have some questions,

should all bolts get a coating of anti-seize, locktite or nothing at all?
also between steel parts should there be seam sealer, a gasket of some sort, or nothing at all?

I want to do this right and have it last as long as possible.
any tips on putting this thing back together

here are some close ups of the radiator shade and new horns, I had to make some spacers to fit the huge (compared to stock) horns

9ee2faa0.jpg

6b8f8929.jpg

Shade down

a8d511e2.jpg

7c4d9ad6.jpg

Shade hardware

d2fd16e4.jpg

380dae90.jpg

ded5ad15.jpg

also if anyone has a diesel emblem holder they want to sell I'm in the market, this is mine after getting dipped and zinc plated

25578112.jpg

c0d14a8d.jpg

Nice work!

From the factory some of the seams had some sorta sealer in it, but I don't think you need to worry about it, unless there is some spot that could potentially trap water.

Your HJ is gonna be happy with its facelift!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom