rebuild or replace trans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having some serious gear noise in the truck, I've just got it on the road now and am working out all off the numerious bugs.
My tranny... how hard of a rebuild is this. Would you all recommend anyone for parts other than toyota and maybe recommend who would do this work right for a decent price?

thanks Ken

My son just rebuilt a 4spd for my 40 got the kit thru James Asti at 4X4 connection . Price was comperable with others . Got the syncros thru the Toyota dealer my son works at. Have no idea what Josh would charge to do one . Is yours a 4spd or 3 spd. Need to get it installed to see if this thing works out.

Tom

Tom,
Yes I've bought parts from James in the past, he has treated me well in the past. I would be interested in taking this tranny to someone who knows what they are doing and has the expertise rather than doing it myself two or three times. Let me know how your trans works out.

I can say that Josh fixed some stuff on my late model Toyota that had the Toyota Dealer here in Tyson's stumped. He figured out what it was and got in fixed in just a few hours. I was very impressed. Excellent mechanic.

-Stumbaugh

Ken ,

May be a couple of weeks before I get it swapped out. Will let you know how it turns out.

Tom

a cruiser trans is pretty easy. Break into it. follow the manual it's it's pretty easy

I've thought about tearing into it myself but nothing like having it done by someone who knows their s***. I'd rather pay someone at this point. I've got two bikesI'm working on and plenty of steering and body work on the fj to keep me wrenching!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom