rear wiper and de froster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
anyone know if the wireing harnes on a 82 truck with out it still has the wires ?? I want to add em to my trusty 82 and I will wire em if I need to but before I pull the dash apart more lookin for em I wondered if anyone know if they were even there :popcorn: or do I just strip em out of the truggy and splice new wires in also were is the defroster control box and/or what does it look like ...

thanks in advance Joel

Are the metallic "lines" etched there on the back window? You'd need those for sure. I would think the wiring is there because a lot of our 60's have wiring that's in place but aren't used because they didn't come with those features(European/Australian models). Neverthess, they are there.

Check with 2mbb...he seems to have all the microfiche for the wiring diagrams that he can maybe post up so you can tell what the wiring color code is.

Good luck.

Are the metallic "lines" etched there on the back window? You'd need those for sure. I would think the wiring is there because a lot of our 60's have wiring that's in place but aren't used because they didn't come with those features(European/Australian models). Neverthess, they are there.

Check with 2mbb...he seems to have all the microfiche for the wiring diagrams that he can maybe post up so you can tell what the wiring color code is.

Good luck.

I have a rear hatch and the dash switchs off my Truggy I will send 2mbb a pm to see ....I was hopeing some one who did the swap or parted a truck knew about the wireing

So both items show up in the wiring diagram for the FJ60 in the 1980 body and chassis manual (publication #36044E). The parts microfiche also show both as valid parts for vehicles starting in 1980. So my guess is that the wiring harness should accommodate you adding both these items.

The part numbers for the switches are:

rear defogger: 84790-20050 (this seems to cross reference as an '84 Cressida)

rear wiper: 84653-90A00

I'd look inside the boot between the body & the hatch in the upper driver's side corner. There's a thread here somewhere that I posted pix of my chewed-up wires to (searched but couldn't find it)

So both items show up in the wiring diagram for the FJ60 in the 1980 body and chassis manual (publication #36044E). The parts microfiche also show both as valid parts for vehicles starting in 1980. So my guess is that the wiring harness should accommodate you adding both these items.

The part numbers for the switches are:

rear defogger: 84790-20050 (this seems to cross reference as an '84 Cressida)

rear wiper: 84653-90A00

I'd look inside the boot between the body & the hatch in the upper driver's side corner. There's a thread here somewhere that I posted pix of my chewed-up wires to (searched but couldn't find it)

sweet I will dig into her more thanks guys ... I will post up pics as I go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom