rear squeaking on reverse only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, i need your help... my 98 LC squeaks when going on reverse at a slow speed.. i removed the brake pads and all the mechanisms on e brake and everything seems okay.. like i said, i only hear the squeaks when the truck is going on reverse at a slow speed, no squeaks at all on drive or going forward... THANKS...

the shroud around the rotor is bent or it's the e-brake. My bet it is the e-brake.

Mine "froze" and was squeaking and i went in and had to PB blast everything and it took 20 minutes to work out the squeak. check each side where the e-brake goes in and see if the rubber stops are sitting on the metal hanger if not you need to work them out so they are more fluid.

hey guys, i need your help... my 98 LC squeaks when going on reverse at a slow speed.. i removed the brake pads and all the mechanisms on e brake and everything seems okay.. like i said, i only hear the squeaks when the truck is going on reverse at a slow speed, no squeaks at all on drive or going forward... THANKS...

Check your u-joints. My truck made a squeaking noise in reverse as well. The noise was strange and intermitent- I thought is was a component of the braking system at first - but could never pinpoint it. I got frustrated with it and pulled the driveshaft off just to double check- when I pulled it off one of the u-joints had nearly seized and would squeak on slow speeds - mainly in reverse for some reason.

The u-joints felt tight with no slop while the drive shaft was still installed but upon removal it was completly shot barely any movement in it - I even had a toyota master tech help me diagnose the noise and he thought it was brakes as well.

BUMP I have a squeak only when in reverse? IS this my UJOINTS? Thanks all

When backing down my slanted driveway, Revese - squeak that changes with the rotationg of tires (sound gets louder, softer, louder etc) but in Neutral no squeak,

BUMP I have a squeak only when in reverse? IS this my UJOINTS? Thanks all

When backing down my slanted driveway, Revese - squeak that changes with the rotationg of tires (sound gets louder, softer, louder etc) but in Neutral no squeak,
Most likely U-Joints because "normal" load is in the opposite direction.

Grease the U-Joints to see if it goes away.

Grease them with the driveline unloaded.
This means level ground, transmission in Neutral, parking brake set, wheels chocked. This does NOT mean wheels off the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom