rear speaker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my back speaker in my 91 is totally shot, i think it is factory. It seems like it is a little subwoofer. But anyways i was wondering if anybody has replaced this speaker and with what kind and where did you get it from. It looks as though the cover to the speaker will not come out, and the speaker itself is screwed in from the back

It is really bugging me, i want to get a new one

thanks

that rear speaker is a 'factory sub'...it sucks..and the amp sucks.
you should just 86 the whole f'ing thing if it isnt working anways.

you basically have 4 choices.
1. Take it out and do nothing..
2. replace the speaker with same size speaker that has larger magnet..but,the cone will still be puny. Replace the amp also.
3. Take out the little metal bracket and fabricate soemthing to holder a bigger speaker...aka custom job. You can also cutout the plastic and put a bigger grille over it.
4. take the stocker stuff out and fab/have made an all inclusive sealed unit to place in the space.

i will try to find pics for you.

later,
joe

here is a pic of a Robin Hood's 96 setup. The pic is from Slee's site...and i dont know Robin Hood...but, it looks cool.

amp.jpg

good luck,
Joe

That amp is a 5 channel amp. Very cool for limited space and is the one I plan to go with once the money tree sprouts. ::)

What is the url for "slee's" site?

I gotta find out how that custom panel was fabricated. Looking to do something similar in my 97.

Any more comparable pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom