Rear right Squeak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HSR

Threads
Ladies / Gents ,

I posted last week that I had new struts (OEM) and Falken Wildpeak installed. So I've had a squeak coming from the right rear for some time. I searched a bit and eliminated the right rear shock nut. Any thoughts it quite loud, mostly over bumps. When I try to rock the car via roof rack no noise. Anyway highly ...highly recommend the wildpeaks. I've put about 1000 miles on a road trip! P.S Come on England "It's coming home" - H

I have a similar squeak. My girlfriend barely clipped a curb with the rear right tire going about 5mph in a parking lot and the squeak started. Been going on for a few months now. I lubed the swaybar links/bushings and no improvement. Similar to yours, it happens while driving over bumps and such but doesn't happen when I try to rock the truck back and forth,

My rear parking brake bellcranks were frozen and would clank over big bumps. The whole assembly was loose and would squeak. Might check those.

Ladies / Gents ,

I posted last week that I had new struts (OEM) and Falken Wildpeak installed. So I've had a squeak coming from the right rear for some time. I searched a bit and eliminated the right rear shock nut. Any thoughts it quite loud, mostly over bumps. When I try to rock the car via roof rack no noise. Anyway highly ...highly recommend the wildpeaks. I've put about 1000 miles on a road trip! P.S Come on England "It's coming home" - H
Its coming home, come on the England!!!

Checked your anti roll bar drop link?

sway bar bushings will squeak if they are dry, dirty or simply just old. couple free ways to check, you can spray the crap out of them with armor all or an actual bushing lubricant to see if the squeak goes away.

drive it immediately and if the sound is gone then there you go. However, the sound will come back shortly within a day or week, so I would recommend removing the bushings and givine them a solid cleaning and relube, or replace them with new ones.

resurrecting this conversation - @HSR did you end up finding the fix for this issue?

Hey there - yes it was a rusted clip I believe that secures the brake cable. It was broken causing the it to rub against a heat shield under compression. Can't believe it took so long to find it.

Good luck.

My rear parking brake bellcranks were frozen and would clank over big bumps. The whole assembly was loose and would squeak. Might check those.
This! my dumbass doesn’t listen well and thought it was my front wheel bearings. Bell crank assembly was froze on the passenger side. Overhauled entire assembly and redid rear brakes at same time

Hey there - yes it was a rusted clip I believe that secures the brake cable. It was broken causing the it to rub against a heat shield under compression. Can't believe it took so long to find it.

Good luck.
thats a new one, I don't think i've heard that specific issue yet. Any chance you could post a pic of the clip location for the rest of us still trying to kill the squeak?

This! my dumbass doesn’t listen well and thought it was my front wheel bearings. Bell crank assembly was froze on the passenger side. Overhauled entire assembly and redid rear brakes at same time
question about a frozen bell crank assembly - can the ebrake still function if bell crank is frozen? with the overhaul, did you have to replace anything, or did you just take it apart/clean up/reassemble?

question about a frozen bell crank assembly - can the ebrake still function if bell crank is frozen? with the overhaul, did you have to replace anything, or did you just take it apart/clean up/reassemble?
If it’s frozen it’s probably due to rust. I bought all new everything

bringing this full circle for the good of humanity and future mudders trying to solve the same/similar issue(s):

This post: Chemistry and your parking brake bell cranks

This video:

These guys (for the rebuild bits/pieces/kit): Cruiser Outfitters

Sum total - this cost me 3 years of annoyance and sacrificed street credit (the squeak) slowly navigating towards the solution, the better part of a recent Saturday, $70 in parts, and a few beers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom