Rear Hatch Glass Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody ever remove the glass from their hatch before? I have a couple scabs starting under the rubber and want to take care of those before it gets to bad. The FSM shows the "how to" but just curious if calling in my local glass service would be better.

Brian

Brian,

Leave it to the pros. They have the right tools, sealants to do the job right.

Frank.

A couple of years ago the wife decided to pull into a very low carport with the 80 at a good little clip. The only problem is that I have a very large Wilson whip on the top and it ended up taking out the rear glass.

The point is that I ended having some pro's come out and do the replacement glass. I watched them like a hawk. IMHO a do it yourselfer could do it but it would probably end up looking like chit. Better to leave it to somebody that does it for a living. That way you have somebody to complain to if it’s not done right.

[quote author=moralien link=board=2;threadid=7815;start=msg65759#msg65759 date=1069360955]
A couple of years ago the wife decided to pull into a very low carport with the 80 at a good little clip.
[/quote]

A Supervisor at work just asked a fellow employee of mine to bring the ESU vehicle into the base and wash it . It's a behemoth command post type ambulance ... well as it turns out , it fits just fine .... however the $5000 rooftop mounted A/C unti doesn't . :D :D . Seems it fits just nicely in the middle of the parking lot though :p :flipoff2:

[content] -- Thankfully the whole fiasco missed my 80 that was parked adjacent to the garage door !!

If you plan on watching the install, just make sure they DO NOT touch the edges of the replacement glass with their bare, oily fingers. They should be wearing gloves. Oil from hands make the bonding sealants less effective. Picked up that tidbit in the few months I was the Controller for a chain of body shops. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom