Rear fan button. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My land cruiser 2001 4.2d has this button i don't know the function of it.
Note : my land cruiser did't have dual ac.
When i press only ligh comes on and nothing else.

20200803_141037.jpg

My land cruiser 2001 4.2d has this button i don't know the function of it.
Note : my land cruiser did't have dual ac.
When i press only ligh comes on and nothing else.

View attachment 2393164
If you haven't got rear A/C then it's for your rear heater only, the rear heater and fan is located under one of the front seats, the location on my 2004 is under the front passenger seat, left side. The temperature for the front and rear heating are usually controled separately so you may need to adjust the temp setting to get the rear heater to work, like I say, that how the setup works on my 2004, I am presuming 2001 is the same or similar.

Cars in the UK are RHD.

Last edited:
If you haven't got rear A/C then it's for your rear heater only, the rear heater and fan is located under one of the front seats, the location on my 2004 is under the front passenger seat, left side. The temperature for the front and rear heating are usually controled separately so you may need to adjust the temp setting to get the rear heater to work, like I say, that how the setup works on my 2004, I am presuming 2001 is the same or similar.

Cars in the UK are RHD.
There are 2 air vent under the center compartment not under the seats. And what is the difference between dual a/c system and non-dual a/c. Do they have another compresser or what for dual a/c.

Cars in the UK are RHD.
And if i don't turn on this button rear heater works perfectly and i turn on this button nothing changes everything works same.

There are 2 air vent under the center compartment not under the seats. And what is the difference between dual a/c system and non-dual a/c. Do they have another compresser or what for dual a/c.
In simple terms, the two air vents under the center console are for the rear heater only, and blow toward you feet. If you had rear A/C (dual A/C) you would have vents above the second row seats in the head lining but facing backwards towards the cargo area, there would also be an air outlet either side near the upper grab handles for the second row seats, not only but also there would be a grill in the lower right hand corner at the very rear of the cargo area for the return air.

Non-dual A/C only blows cool air from the dash vents, both systems only use the one compresser under the hood, the dual A/C (if fitted) has a common suction pipe from the front and rear evaporator, but has two separate liquid pipes one to the front evap and one to the rear evap.

Just to complicate matters, in some markets around the world, the center compartment was a fridge, so if you had front A/C, rear A/C and the fridge all three run off the one compressor, and all three would be controlled individually.

Last edited:
And if i don't turn on this button rear heater works perfectly and i turn on this button nothing changes everything works same.
If your rear heater works perfectly without using that button then I would suggest someone has bypassed the rear heater switch, for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom