Rattles from rear plastic panels, I think (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dhm

Threads
With wimpy road tires on now, I can tell my 93, with 350,000 miles, has developed some rattles and squeaks. Tightening door and hatch bolts, and lubricating areas solved most issues, but I think my inside rear plastic panels are causing most of the remaining interior noises. Are those panels a common source of noise? Is there a good way of determining if they are causing the noises? My hearing is sufficiently bad that I can't isolate the source, but passengers have suggested the panels. If it is the panels, how difficult is it to re-secure them? Any other likely culprits? Thanks.

With wimpy road tires on now, I can tell my 93, with 350,000 miles, has developed some rattles and squeaks. Tightening door and hatch bolts, and lubricating areas solved most issues, but I think my inside rear plastic panels are causing most of the remaining interior noises. Are those panels a common source of noise? Is there a good way of determining if they are causing the noises? My hearing is sufficiently bad that I can't isolate the source, but passengers have suggested the panels. If it is the panels, how difficult is it to re-secure them? Any other likely culprits? Thanks.

Pull them and see if you have any broken push clips, doing that fixed mine.

Or just pull them in general and see if the rattle goes away then you can isolate it at least. They are very simple to remove and reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom