Radio mount for HDJ80 replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Is there any way you can fix the radio mount like in an normal car?
I mean, that i can by some mount that i can place into the dash and then on a normal way mounting my radio in it...

Assuming it still has the stock radio. The mounting brackets can be removed from the side of the radio and attached to any new double din Head unit and reinstalled.
^^^ This.

Thanks for the answers.
When purchasing the 4x4, the radio was attached via the 2 supports, which in turn are screwed into the dashboard.
This way you have to unload the entire front of the dashboard before you can remove or place the radio.
Is there no other solution where you can mount the car radio cradle and simply remove the radio from the front?
In other words, without having to remove the front panel of the dash board ...

see photo, I want to fix this so that the radio can be replaced without disassembling everything.

1-din-radio-slede.jpg

no one? :confused::rolleyes:

Thanks for the answers.
When purchasing the 4x4, the radio was attached via the 2 supports, which in turn are screwed into the dashboard.
This way you have to unload the entire front of the dashboard before you can remove or place the radio.
Is there no other solution where you can mount the car radio cradle and simply remove the radio from the front?
In other words, without having to remove the front panel of the dash board ...

see photo, I want to fix this so that the radio can be replaced without disassembling everything.

View attachment 2316394

You do not want to attach the stereo with the "can" like you pictured. It will never be as solid and strong as when you use the OEM side brackets. Those can mounts are an absolute last resort for me and only ever get used if better means are not available. Luckily, it sounds like your radio is already mounted the better way.

Yes you have to disassemble a few screws and a panel to take it out, but how often do you plan on removing the stereo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom