Radiator--Can it be patched? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well we were doing some maintenance on the Cruiser tonight in preperation for a 3.5 day excursion to a remote Indian Village at about 2500 meters in central Mexico. The remains of the road is 150 km and we aren't sure if we will even make it. So in preperation I decided to drain the block and change the antifreeze, and install a new fan clutch. The fan shroud was removed and when my amigo installed it again----a long bolt was used instead of the neccesary short version--it was me that handed him the long version used for holding the protection plate on the bottom---You guessed it I have a 10 mm hole right next to my fill cap. So can this be patched or is my 1 year old new plastic $450 radiator done for? :frown: If it is done for I will try and source a metal radiator before my trip. Or I won't go on the trip at all.... Thanks for your thoughts.

Jason

Last edited:
I have seen people use ABS cement the black stuff on those if you're talking about the plastic and I've seen it hold for over 4 months now... I wouldn't do it for my wife and three kiddos but it's an option...

I've seen some pretty amazing things done with J.B. Weld. That's probably the route I'd go, but I don't think I'd do it right before a major trip.

-Spike

-Spike- said:
I've seen some pretty amazing things done with J.B. Weld. That's probably the route I'd go, but I don't think I'd do it right before a major trip.

-Spike

I wouldn't do it for my wife and three kiddos but it's an option...

Guess I will try and find a brass radiator today....this sucks. :frown:

SR.GRINGO said:
I wouldn't do it for my wife and three kiddos but it's an option...

Guess I will try and find a brass radiator today....this sucks. :frown:

Well I ordered an Aluminum radiator that will arive later today. It is for a Land Cruiser--Imported from the U.S. but not original equipment :doh: I can't believe they have it here as I have seen two Land Cruisers down here in 3 years. In this case I should have left the pm alone.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom