Quick Land Cruiser info needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TLDR: Need a tow vehicle - maybe 2008+ Land Cruiser - but needs to be rust-free and under $18k. What's good/bad/ugly?

Details:
So I'm heading south-west-ish tomorrow to find a new rust-free tow vehicle. At least as far as Kansas City, possibly further. I've got time and an open trailer...
1st on the list is a Ford Excursion - always wanted one - but if the ones I'm looking at don't spark joy...
What do I need to look out for in the 2008+ Land Cruiser range? Are the Lexus equivalents also good?
I think an older one might be OK too, just a little underpowered.
Heck, my FJ pulls it with a tailwind (8.5' wide x 24' long x 8' tall toy hauler)
(Attached - the trailer I need more power for. I'll be taking an open trailer for the new tow vehicle to tow the FJ back on)

If I really fall short ... anything I can pick up for ya? LOL
These look pretty neat!

Cheers,

Matt

ithinkican.jpg

I'd say any '08+ Toyota with the 5.7L is a good choice; LC, LX570, or Tundra. The LX is a bit more common and somewhat less expensive than the LC used. The 200 forum is commenting on high used prices right now. Pretty much the usual PPI stuff plus vehicle history info is what you'll need to get a usable one. Expect some fix expenses (maybe radiator on a 200) and a full maintenance update if you're looking at less than $18K cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom