Quick help in Scottsdale plz. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for the inverted torx bit or whatever gets the spare tire down on a 2000 LC. If someone is willing to let me pick up, borrow, and return it so I can get the spare off so I can get the truck off the side of Scottsdale road that would be awesome. Currently on Scottsdale road just north of the 101 on the west side of the road.

Curious what it took to lower the spare. Thought once Toyota switched to wire from chain on the winch it used 1/2" square to lower unless a lock was installed.

Curious what it took to lower the spare. Thought once Toyota switched to wire from chain on the winch it used 1/2" square to lower unless a lock was installed.
So the spare tire hoist has a small almost wheel lock type key that goes on the end of the extension and fits to allow the spare to lower. Unfortunately the kit in the truck had everything but that insert/key. I took the blown rim/tire to work and threw a tire on it and installed it on the side of the road. (I’m a tech at Infiniti of Scottsdale right down the street)
After the truck was at work I took the entire spare assembly off the truck in one piece, cut down a bolt and welded it to where the special key would go. So now it lowers with a simple extension and 15mm socket. Easier to steal, but much quicker than trying to locate a key from Toyota. Luckily, a local member had a set of 5 wheels and tires for sale so we picked those up and installed them. It’s my GF’s brothers truck. I made sure it had all the spare tire equipment when he bought it, but wasn’t aware of the special key. Don’t mind my lousy welds, I did it without a face shield since the shop one was broken. The other pic is with the new to him 18’s and BFG’s.

43444C4C-E05A-4E30-AAC1-74B7D1A5FC64.jpeg

788303BD-A5A6-4254-8403-1912233E8343.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom