Questions about turbo charge on 2023 Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like the looks of the new model. But I am gun shy about the turbo charge deal. I have always heard that turbo charge engines do not last nearly as long. I have a 2010 LC with 160K on the clock that I can travel across the country with. Will a turbo charge Sequoia last as long?

I like the looks of the new model. But I am gun shy about the turbo charge deal. I have always heard that turbo charge engines do not last nearly as long. I have a 2010 LC with 160K on the clock that I can travel across the country with. Will a turbo charge Sequoia last as long?
Toyota has decades experience of building turbocharged engines. Some of Toyota's most legendary and durable engines are turbocharged ones like the 2JZ-GTE found in the 4th gen Supra, the 3S-GTE found in the MR2 or the 1HD-(T/FT/FTE) and 1VD Turbo diesel offered in the 70-series, 80-series, 100-series and 200-series Land Cruiser. Outside of the US the turbo diesel Land Cruisers outsells the gas versions by a lot. Toyota's toughest off-roaders from Land cruisers to Hilux all have turbo engines. So yeah I think Toyota knows what they're doing. Also the new V35A-FTS engine that is used in the Tundra/Sequoia is also used in the LX600 and Land Cruiser 300-series. As far as I know the 300-series with V35A-FTS don't have wastegate issues. This same engine has been in use since 2017 in the Lexus LS500. The wastegate "issue" for the Tundra is a very small number.

I have a 2010 LC with 160K on the clock that I can travel across the country with.
Why do you want to get rid of the LC now that it’s just finally broken in? Unless there is something seriously wrong with the LC I would rather eat broken glass than drive/pay for a ‘23 Sequoia in your situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom