Questions about emission testing in the ATL area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Looks like a move the ATL area is in my future. I need to decide if the FZJ is coming with me or staying up here in CO.

How big a PITA is the e-testing in GA?
Is it a dyno test and do they restrict tire size (no bigger than 33" in CO)?

Anybody done it lately and happen know what the standards for CO, HC and NOX (if required) would be for a 1994?

Thx for any help

Mike

For a '94, it will be a rolling dyno test. I'm not aware of any tire restrictions. I don't think it's too strict; my cam'd, header'd, OS valve'd, 22RE easily passed.

Since you have a '94, they will use a sniffer to check the emissions, check your gas cap, and as long as your check engine light is not on, you should be fine. Thats how it was 2 years ago when I registered mine here. Emission tests run fro $20-30, depending on the testing location. I think you can run up to a 44 in. tire...

Nick

not really difficult, not nearly like i hear it is in Ca. at least. I've never had an issue with tire size, I'm runnin' 35s and it didnt even phase the tester so they must not even care down. They do dyno the the 01 (i think) and older vehicles but it's a 5 min process. I've only had 1 fail due to an 02 sensor that was having issues. cost is $25 in most places.

Also, they do have a waivor process. If you fail, then spend +/- $600 trying to fix it and it still fails the they will waive the requiremnet for 1 year and you can get your tags.

Awesome, thanks for the replies.

Looks like it will be making the trip :cheers:

How big a PITA is the e-testing in GA?
Is it a dyno test and do they restrict tire size (no bigger than 33" in CO)?

Since you have a '94, they will use a sniffer to check the emissions, check your gas cap, and as long as your check engine light is not on, you should be fine. Thats how it was 2 years ago when I registered mine here. Emission tests run fro $20-30, depending on the testing location. I think you can run up to a 44 in. tire...

Nick

Adding to Nick's notes,
The dyno test equipment used in GA can not handle all wheel drive vehicles. Thus, there is dyno test requirement for a '94 FZJ80.
Just has Nick described, testing my wife's '95 is an easy straight forward process.

Good luck and welcome to GA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom