Question about UCA, LCA and SBL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At 180k miles, I'm planning to get the coil conversion done soon and will probably get the Dobinson lift kit, and was wondering if I would be OK with just going with OEM UCAs, LCAs and sway bar links? Or would you suggest any aftermarket ones like JBA or Total Chaos UCAs? Im definitely getting less than 2.5" lift, but want to know if there are any advantages for going aftermarket like getting a better ride or fitting a wider tire? I'm doing a lift just for looks lol (no off-roading) and a nice stance to fit in widest possible tire like 285/70/17 without rubbing. Also want a comfortable smooth ride on road. So would you suggest sticking with OEM for all 3 or consider something aftermarket?

Also, i asked my mechanic to identify any other parts that he thinks i should replace at this time while I'm at it and he said everything else looks fine like the wheel bearings and ball joints. Let me know if there is anything else you think I should replace now?

If your lift is 3'' or under then you are good with all of those OEM parts. The only thing you might consider down the road is the upper control arms to dial in your caster for highway driving. If you go with a 3'' lift and the factory upper arms, your camber of course will be dialed in perfectly but your caster will be roughly 2-2.5 degrees. this is maxed out with the upper arms. this means a little more steering wheel correction driving down the highway at high speeds.

If you chose to invest in upper arms, your caster will be corrected to 3.5-4 which feels great and more responsive on road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom