Question about removing Waag grill guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The grill guard bolts on from underneath via the two bolts in the photo. Is removing this thing as easy as just unscrewing these bolts? Or is there a nut on the other side of these things? The photo was taken from the ground, looking up.

Aaaand, apparently, I cannot post the photo because there is a ridiculously low cap on photo uploading, and I've reached my limit.

....have you tried to take it off yet?

Yep. Can't do it with standard tools. But I don't want get out the liquid wrench and breaker bar if there are nuts on the topside of those bolts, and there is a whole bunch of engine in the way of accessing or even seeing the top.

There should be bolts on the frame, and a bracket that runs through the bumper... The Land Cruiser (like all vehicles) is held together with nuts and bolts. If you undo them...parts will come off :idea: :flipoff2:

If there is a nut on the other side of that thing, then the 30 minutes estimate for removing the grill guard is some kind of sick joke.

If there is a nut on the other side of that thing, then the 30 minutes estimate for removing the grill guard is some kind of sick joke.

It's just a matter of removing some nuts and bolts, you'll figure it out eventually. This ain't rocket science :flipoff2:

So the four bolts on the front bottom that hold the grill guard on, and also connect the tow attachment points to the frame, do NOT have nuts on them. You can simply unscrew them.

So the four bolts on the front bottom that hold the grill guard on, and also connect the tow attachment points to the frame, do NOT have nuts on them. You can simply unscrew them.

Those 4 bolts screw into "captive" nuts which are permanently attached to the frame.

Yes. All you have to do is unscrew them.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom