Question about bumper install on LX470 with AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2005 LX470 with AHC that has been maintained and is working well. stock height. I recently installed 275/70/18 tires. I am planning on installing a front ARB combo bar and a rear arb bumper. I have Slee 30mm rear spacers and plan to install those with the bumper to help maintain ride height and lower AHC neutral pressures. I may at some point install a winch up from with a comeup 9.5 winch or a warn 9.5 winch. Does anyone with similar setup have recs on torsion bars.

1)which torsion bar setup if no winch. would you keep the original and just adjust the torsion bars to return to factory height

2)if installing a winch can you still use the factory lexus torsion bars or do you need to increase to toyota bars. I am considering just installing the winch now and if needing new torsion bars do the install before getting aligned.

I plan on not doing a lift at this point. Wife drives the car and is 5'2" and has a hard enough time loading the little girls in the carseats.

Thanks for all your help.
Pics to come.

I would keep factory TBs at first, and see how they handle the weight. At that point I would move to a stock land Cruiser TB if you need more control, but that would prob only be needed with the winch.

For the rear, the spacers may get you into the required neutral pressure, but they still may not handle the weight well. You will probably want more spring control in the rear and for that I recommend the king springs:
King Springs AHC KTRS-79

Here's some recent trips with the lx.

20161001_145811.jpg

20160930_121251.jpg

20161001_153554.jpg

20160119_141837.jpg

I would keep factory TBs at first, and see how they handle the weight. At that point I would move to a stock land Cruiser TB if you need more control, but that would prob only be needed with the winch.

For the rear, the spacers may get you into the required neutral pressure, but they still may not handle the weight well. You will probably want more spring control in the rear and for that I recommend the king springs:
King Springs AHC KTRS-79
Thanks alot. Yea if I had thought about doing these mods before I replaced the rear springs 6 mo ago with new factory lx springs that would have been nice. I even considered those springs then, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom