Question About ARB Sahara Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think i'm ready to pull the trigger on a metal bumper and i'm kinda leaning towards the ARB Sahara.. I've come across quite a few pictures and am wondering why some of them have the bull bar and others don't.... is it an option to order one way or the other or is the bar removable, cut off, etc?

I prefer the no bull bar option as below but not a deal killer: (sorry whose ever picture I stole this from)
IMG_8787.JPG

Bull bar option:
arb1106.jpg

Where are ya'll ordering from, how much, and is there a specific part number?

Thanks!

You can remove the chrome hoop but will have two holes in the buffer kit(rubber guards). I picked up the buffer kit from Slee when I removed my hoop.
3913140 is the bumper I have for a 2000 LX470 and 5100170 is the buffer kit with no hole. 3913160 is for 02 and up with same buffer kit with no hole. They might have different winch mounts and no rubber kit between the fender/bumper. You can see it in the pics you posted.

5100050 is the top tube kit and 5100060 is the top tube kit for 02 up.

LX470.jpg

Have you at TJM?
IMG_3851-3.jpg

I considered TJM but find the ARB / Ironman to be more aesthetically pleasing. I plan on running a winch and correct me if i'm wrong but you need to buy a winch plate/mount for the TJM so the price ends up running close to a ARB in the end anyways.

You can remove the chrome hoop but will have two holes in the buffer kit(rubber guards). I picked up the buffer kit from Slee when I removed my hoop.
3913140 is the bumper I have for a 2000 LX470 and 5100170 is the buffer kit with no hole. 3913160 is for 02 and up with same buffer kit with no hole. They might have different winch mounts and no rubber kit between the fender/bumper. You can see it in the pics you posted.

View attachment 2438965
I really like that look. Looks classy and rugged. Looks like you're running a winch, correct? No additional hardware needed for that?

View attachment 2438965

Trail Tailor tow point?

1600431426461.png

No additional hardware for winch and those are TT recover points.

I really like that look. Looks classy and rugged. Looks like you're running a winch, correct? No additional hardware needed for that?
Trail Tailor tow point?

View attachment 2438994

I just went through the same process and decided on the TJM T17 because:

1. Cost: TJM with indicators & winch plate is $1104.98 shipped. Lowest I found a complete ARB no-hoop Sahara with indicators is $1247.79 before shipping (P/Ns 3913140 & 5100170). ARB Fog lights will cost an additional $422 (P/N 9249FCK).

2. License plate mounting: The TJM better fits a US license plate above the fairlead. It looks like an afterthought on the ARB, protruding above the bumper top and below into the fairlead cutout.

Last edited:
Update...

Between the ARB Deluxe and the Ironman version now... Going to see if i can get a good deal on the Ironman as they are down the road from me.

When I was looking for bumpers last year, I chose a bullbar because I wanted the most protection against animal strikes upfront. I guess a hoop on the Sahara bar will at least protect your radiator and can be the difference between a long walk home vs being able to drive!

Also, check out bumper superstore for ARB and TJM, they always have free shipping, have bumpers in stock and the most competitive prices I have found anywhere.

The memory of a big buck diving into my headlight in the area where I will be off-roading keeps coming back. I do like the look without bull bars. Unfortunately, too many deer strike opportunities in this area to run without one.

1601388696017.png

Long story short to conclude the thread I ended up going with the Ironman classic style bumper. I thought it would be an overall better fit and look and serve its purpose which is to protect the front end.

Ironman HQ is down the road from me in Oregon so it made sense logistically to pick it up after work on a Friday and get it installed same day... that and it was $250 cheaper than the ARB.

I am satisfied, not so much with the instructions. Just need to wire up the fog lights and install a winch.

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9244.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

I also got these lights with the bumper, they are brand new, never opened. Not the route or look I am going for so they are for sale. $349 on the Ironman website, just looking for any reasonable offer and I can ship them out.

120260926_10157860288958049_1717420568140738044_n.jpg

When I was looking for bumpers last year, I chose a bullbar because I wanted the most protection against animal strikes upfront. I guess a hoop on the Sahara bar will at least protect your radiator and can be the difference between a long walk home vs being able to drive!

Also, check out bumper superstore for ARB and TJM, they always have free shipping, have bumpers in stock and the most competitive prices I have found anywhere.
Thanks for pointing us to the right direction I just checked it out now and yes the prices on bullbars at bumpersuperstore.com are very competitive. Makes me and my daughter miss the bullbar setup.
653EBF8E-1A11-4B04-B999-C5F14F873900.jpeg

I got a look at mine tonight after work. One thing we did that may be unique is to paint the body area under the rim to be black.

It seems to help the bumper have some background.

1601426542879.png

I got a look at mine tonight after work. One thing we did that may be unique is to paint the body area under the rim to be black.

View attachment 2450620
Thinking i'll do a weather strip or something to fill the area/keep debris out.

View attachment 2450620
Did you have to cut offf with a grinder the top tube lights/antenna bracket on your ARB? I read a few times already that the grille since it’s one piece with the hood may/will hit it? Thanks

Did you have to cut offf with a grinder the top tube lights/antenna bracket on your ARB? I read a few times already that the grille since it’s one piece with the hood may/will hit it? Thanks
Yes, LX470 grill open with the hood and needs the antenna hoops to be cut off to get the clearance

Yes, LX470 grill open with the hood and needs the antenna hoops to be cut off to get the clearance

We are taking a slightly different approach with this one. I actually took it to the body shop to get the light tabs cut off the bar and rewelded.

The clearance issue turned out to be just over a 1/2 inch. The body shop owner called and said he would like to try moving the grill back a small distance at the bottom instead of cutting into the bar. We looked at that approach last night with the grill slightly loose. If you are not familiar with the grill, you would not notice the difference. He is looking into using a shim on the grill bracket to change the pitch so it clears the bull bar light bracket.

He plans to adjust the grill today. I will snap a picture after I pick it up tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom