PZJ77 REAR GLASS PART NUMBER DECODIFICATION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At least your parts guy is trying to help you out although it seems as if he may not know to get you the part. I never did find one in San Antonio that doesn't know how to navigate without a VIN first.

Just wanted to update the resolution. The shop I was dealing with for insurance - not a body shop- a local specialty shop was able to get the glass, it was shipped from Japan; it's now installed looks quite nice. It's not necessarily the same hue but the difference is only noticeable to an OCD like me. This ordeal started late August.

If I had to do this again, I would go to the dealership first. Let's call this the Beno Method. After about 1 week from my initial query, the very helpful local parts guy at the dealership got back to me with a quote and a 2 week shipping time on the glass- both which I found reasonable. With that said the Toyota parts guy at the moment I spoke with him was not sure if he could get the glass in, I could have only ordered it AFTER he was able to confirm that he was able to source it. Very Important though- for insurance purposes I was unable to supply my part, the shop had to source it and bill, according to the adjuster.

I am considering ordering more glass just in case this nut-bag that breaks the windows reappears.

So now it's -12 or something; the truck is waiting for an outside and inside clean and a fluid film spray, some anti gel in the tank, and will probably spend most of the winter at an undisclosed location, resting to stretch it's legs for next year- kind of a bummer but a reality.

Hello,

That parts guy is a keeper...

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom