Puzzled - Which GPS software for BT and PalmOs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to put together a PDA-based GPS setup with a Palm TX and a generic Blue tooth receiver, but I can't figure what to use as far as software is concerned. The De*lorme bundle (StreetAtlas+Topo) looked yummy for a comprehensive (roads and backroads) coverage and not that pricey, @ $80 or so at Am*azon, but its gets terrible reviews for users, especially the StreetAtlas part. Tom Tom Nav 6 isn't that well-rated either and much more expensive. Anyone having experience with those brands or other ones? Thanks!

I am fairly happy with my Delorme Street Atlas 2007, except it's kind of weak on new roads - stuff that maps.yahoo has had for over a year is not on it. Routing is good, phone numbers and addresses are good - I use it with a laptop. I also have Topo USA 6 - I have a problem with the 3d imaging, but that could be from installing Google Earth too. I'm beginning to think Google Earth might intentionally disable features on competing products...

My dad just bought one of these:
http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10106&minisite=10020

I will get a report out after checking it out...

Shamrox80: I didn't have much time to explore my TX so far, but it seems to be a very nice device. I just need to find out how to make these softs work. Will write a setup once it's installed.

Thanks Cracker for the tips:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom