Putting the front porch to use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My truck is a bj73 with the optional front porch and aisin winch. I don't have the cash for an arb or anything so I've been trying to figure out what to do with it for awhile. In its stock form it's great for sitting on or as a tool bench but not much more. I was looking at and wondering what I could use it for when it occurred to me that each side is about the size of a jerry can. I did some measurement and comparisons and sure enough it works.

I used smittybuilt jerry can holders. I mounted them by drilling two new holes per side in the platform part of the bumper and two new holes in the can carrier to match up with existing bolts in the bumper. I also made two flags out of red lexan so I could see where my corners were. You can see where it interferes with the light from the headlamps a little but its no more than you'd get from lifting the truck some and its definitely not an issue.

When I get out on the tighter trails I plan on taking the cans off so I don't have to worry about snagging them on a tree. I'm mostly going to use them for hauling diesel for the tractor and the mower, and extending my trucks range on longer non-technical trips.

Love the cans on the front porch. You should fab a mount for a cooler containing some other "cans" too.

Then you could say "No officer I couldn't have been drinking, they're all on the front bumper."

I do wonder is someone makes a jerry can shaped cooler though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom