Ps idler pulley assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a power steering belt idler/tensioner pulley with bracket assembly that fits a 3B motor. If anyone has one please let me know.

Thanks.

Check the local auto wreakers, radd cruisers, ebi cruisers, gns cruisers, and of course craigslist and used Victoria

Yeah I've combed through all of Canada and some in the States lol!
It's out there somewhere!

I checked one close by today, no luck....Land Cruisers are rare at the wreckers around here!

Check the ones up island, Nanimo, Duncan, Campbell river?

I know there are a couple big ones in Vancouver too

Hey Noel try on usedvictoria too... it is pretty big in vic ... nobody really uses kijiji I don't think, or at least nobody did when I lived there.

You should also head up to Ottawa for some wheeling while you're waiting for your PS parts. Those guys are planning a backroads rally of some kind....

Hey Noel try on usedvictoria too... it is pretty big in vic ... nobody really uses kijiji I don't think, or at least nobody did when I lived there. You should also head up to Ottawa for some wheeling while you're waiting for your PS parts. Those guys are planning a backroads rally of some kind....
Sure I'll check out usedvic, thanks.
Yeah I've seen that Forestry thread....sounds interesting.
Romey, Jordan, and I are going up to the Baysville area (2.75 hrs north of Toronto) next weekend to wheel and do an overnighter.

Might be my last run before I retire the 40 for the season and do some winter projects (60 series power steering conversion, and JDM H41 trans install with AA 4:1 tcase gears in the split case)....can't wait!

jesus... for that price they should include the idler :)

I disagree with quite a few points they're making... but of course it depends on the individual setup... I would say my saginaw system is well thought out and doesn't really hang down much... If I break my steering box I can buy a new one for 200$ online including shipping. (I know... I bought one when I ran mine for a year with no power steering lines and it filled up with sand and water)

Also my bumper hangs a little lower then the stock bumper and as such helps to protect the box.

It's a bit short sighted for them to simply say "This is not a good choice for a PS conversion." it really depends on the user I think. :beer:

As for the links they're easy to buy/make for w/e system you want. Of course when you buy the kit it does somewhat reduce the number of things to consider!

Yeah you're correct as well in that it is a bit short sited in the Saginaw vs 60 vs others ps but that's the choice I made.

Yeah the kit is pricey. It's also put together for a gasser set up not diesel. I just grabbed certain parts off them.

what if, you were to find a pulley that isnt a landcruiser pulley?

I'm in the same predicament. Post up what you find, if you please. I looked into this a year ago but didn't look into trying to find one off another application.

I'll have a look in the goat barn.

Had one, think I chucked it tho...:lol:

Now that I think about it, I suspect I know where one is bolted to a rusty blue 60 mellowing in the bushes...I'll ask.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom