Prospective new FJ45 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Hi,

I'm in the market for FJ45, either long or short pick up. So if you happen to stumble on one or know someone who has one and wants to move it to a good home, please hit me with a PM or at fj60cruiser (at) charter (dot) net.

It needs to be a running vehicle, some rust ok, but not terminal rot. I want to build a work vehicle, not an offroader or show car.

Welcome to the club! Here are some questions you can answer to help us help you.

What year would you say is ideal? (You can legally own rigs that are 25 years or older.) Newer 45s have some better creature comforts than the ones built in the 1960s.

Engine type? (F, 2F, Chevy V8, Diesel)

What is it going to be used for? (swb rigs are nice but may not be suited for what you want.) I can measure the bed on my SWB to give you an idea of the space you will have.

There are some good s***s on this board that will love to chime in!

Jose
I don't think you could ever fit in a swb fj45 you prolly want an lpb or a troopy?
what is your price range? when I was looking last fall for an 45lpb I talked to Kina and he said the going rate for what you described was around $5000. I would check with him and see if he has any or has a line on one. not sure how often he ckecks this area on mud.
as far as rust and body rot goes i think just about allt he body panels have been reproduced and can be bought for the pu's
HTH Jason

Thanks for the replies. Hey Jason, I am not that big... a troopie would be like my 60, but cooler :grinpimp: Anyway, when I say a work truck I mean to carry light lumber, maybe half a cord of wood, trash to the transfer station... occasional groceries getter, drive the dog around, that sortof things.

$5000 sounds about right for my budget. And I prefer origianl Toyota engine, not looking at conversions, unless there is a diesel out there. And creature conforts.... who need those! PS I would like, but I can live without AC. Now, if you 45 owners were so kind and school me on the differences in the years I'll be much obliged.

I was also thinking that if I get an older one with the F engine, I could transplant my 2F and transmission/tcase. Perhaps at some point, when I really go insane tansplant the 60 axles too.

Oh well, school me please. I know nothing! (And it shows)

i think i know of a 45swb that'll be for sale in a month or two but i don't have all the info yet. i will know in about three weeks.

orangefj45 said:
i think i know of a 45swb that'll be for sale in a month or two but i don't have all the info yet. i will know in about three weeks.

If you can get me any info on that, I would be very grateful. And a month is good, as I am waiting for some incoming cash.:bounce:

send me a pm after sept 6th. i should know then.:)

By big I meant Tall :)

masscrusher said:
:D

Will you be making the FG this year? Also, is it possible to obtain another of those cool TEQ hats you made once? I lost mine on a kayak trip last spring. :mad:

i am going to Fall Gathering I will be ordering the Tshirts soon i will make sure I get an XX(tall) for you this year. I will be taking the fj62. i think Wilma is a waysoff from driving. her carb is in Ohio and the floors are in Panama and the rest of her is scattered about my garage and basement.

I don't have any Teq hats right now but seeing how mine of 4 years is falling apart I think a new order is needed. will prolly be a month or so before I order them but I will keep you posted.

oh and check with Ted at cruiser Solutions as well as Kinafor a fj45
Jason

fj6202840 said:
i am going to Fall Gathering I will be ordering the Tshirts soon i will make sure I get an XX(tall) for you this year. I will be taking the fj62. i think Wilma is a waysoff from driving. her carb is in Ohio and the floors are in Panama and the rest of her is scattered about my garage and basement.

I don't have any Teq hats right now but seeing how mine of 4 years is falling apart I think a new order is needed. will prolly be a month or so before I order them but I will keep you posted.

oh and check with Ted at cruiser Solutions as well as Kinafor a fj45
Jason
Thank you very much, and please keep me posted on the hat. I miss mine sooo much :crybaby:

removable top 45's regardless of SWB or LWB have the same cab room, its the fixed top SWB's that are smaller.

fj6202840 said:
Jose
I don't think you could ever fit in a swb fj45 you prolly want an lpb or a troopy?

HTH Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom