Props to SOR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Seth

SILVER Star
Threads
I know that SOR doesn't get a lot of praise here so I thought I'd share my recent experience. I was at the counter last week buying some gaskets and seals, just small stuff. When I got I home I realized I was missing one gasket. No big deal, it was only couple of dollars and I was going to be back there soon anyway. I didn't even bother to see if they charged me for it and forgot to pull it or it just got overlooked. Today in the mail was my gasket. Thanks Marv.

I too had a very positive experience with SOR standing behind their products. I bought a carpet kit, decided against it after a relative said they would custom fab mine. Went back to the counter and Marv took care of it no questions asked. Kudos to SOR on this transaction. I will be back for more goods on my Cruiser.

SOR has its place. They are great for hard to find stock parts and do have pretty darn good customer service. I use them here and there and have generally been happy except for the seat covers I bought from them.

Sent from my DROIDX

marv, allway go out his way for me:clap:

It has been quite a while since I bought anything from SOR. When I did, Marv was on the phone with me himself, examining the parts he had to make sure they were the right ones. Called me back a time or two on his dime even.

I had complaints about their shipping costs in years past, but that has gotten a lot better.

The Cruiser community is lucky to have Marv Specter and his operation.

Mark...

Before I even drove my 60 my Dad was ordering parts from SOR.

Always have had a good experience with them.

x2 on the shipping. Other than that, they have been great to work with. When I bought my 60, I needed carb needle jets, and after a dozen phone calls and a couple hours on hold with other companys trying to find the needles, I called SOR and had them on their way that day for a very resonable price. I have ordered a couple of hard to find parts, and shipping is always the worst part. Customer service has always been good.

SOR is great, they're the best people to deal with if you're seeking the obscure hardware, and their customer service is always good. What they sell is in better condition than most for the age of the products we usually buy.
It really seems that their prices are the main source of derision, but you really get the best of what you pay for with them

Their online catalogue format really inhibits browsing, though.

I bought one of their Over Haul Gasket Kits for my truck a couple weeks ago, aside from not shipping to my address because it was the first time I ordered I would say that my experience was very good. It actually came with more gaskets than I had anticipated, and it was only $90, everyone else wanted hundreds of dollars for the same thing.

The Cruiser community is lucky to have Marv Specter and his operation....

x2

11-15 years ago i must have been on their valued customer plan with the $$$ i was spending there :D ....always always always had great experiences with them...i havent had recent experiences...however alot of the things i bought i still have and use today.

x2

11-15 years ago i must have been on their valued customer plan with the $$$ i was spending there :D ....always always always had great experiences with them...i havent had recent experiences...however alot of the things i bought i still have and use today.

I use them much more when I am in the lower 48 (not at all in AK, but the shipping thing is more UPS than SOR), always a good experience. They often call and offer alternative, many times cheaper, options for parts. Also the used parts I have purchased from them have in many cases looked almost new. The customer service is top notch. I usually look to them if a part is not longer available from Toyota through CDan.
:cheers:

+1 They have parts that the dealerships don't think exist anymore! that's priceless in my book.

I have always had a good experience with them. I find something they have that I need almost every year. My favorite one so far is the H41 I bought from them. I didn't think the shipping was excessive for such a heavy item - they freighted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom