Proper cutoff system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1979 BJ40 Canadian 24volt rig has a transplanted Aussie 3B engine casting number 11400-50810. The PO did some creative engineering to be able to shut it down using a choke cable and an eyebolt attached to a bulkhead which I am sure is not correct. Does anyone have a good pic of the cable routing or part numbers needed to return this to a fairly factory look? I am actually embarrassed to even post what I have now.

I wouldn't be embarrassed. It is actually a good way to stop the engine, gets rid of electronics which is often the first thing to stuff up.
More than likely it use to have an edic fuel controller which has three settings run, stop and over fuel. Look up edic controller, lots have had problems with them over the years.

Some BJ40 had a factory stop-cable from new.. (see below).

Transplanting a working EDIC system into your vehicle would not be easy you'd need to source:
  • Fuel Control Relay
  • EDIC Motor
  • EDIC Rod
  • Wiring loom to suit above if your vehicle never had EDIC
Fuel Control Relays and EDICs are problematic after 40 years.. so finding a working combination and grafting it onto your vehicle would be not be a project for the faint hearted, or those lacking a very solid DIY auto-electrical knowledge.

A tidied up Stop Cable is adequate in my opinion.. yours may differ. A range of photos at the link below of other stop cable implementations I've come across.

1708912493723.png

1708912472221.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom