Promise last question of does my car come with this? Binder for manual? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My manuals were loose loaded into my glove box. Can anyone tell me if a new Land Cruiser comes with a leather binder or at least a vinyl binder in which the manuals live in? Or are they just loose loadinto the glove box?

Thanks so much for a quick reply
eric

As silly as it sounds... the owner’s manual “portfolio” is an option that will be listed on the window sticker if it is included with your Land Cruiser. When I was looking last year I noticed that the portfolio was listed as an option on the window sticker for some LCs but not for others. The portfolio was not included with my car. I bought one on-line from a Toyota dealership. I have also seen them available on Amazon.

Is keeping the pile of manuals in the glove still a thing? I mean no disrespect but they all come in PDF form and take up very little space on my phone while freeing up the glove. Plus, if you use the ‘Adobe’ app they are searchable which is super handy.

Keeping the original manuals that come with a new Land Cruiser (and other cars of any significance) is indeed still a thing.

Keeping the original manuals that come with a new Land Cruiser (and other cars of any significance) is indeed still a thing.
I’m not saying to ditch them, I was really asking about keeping them in the vehicle when there are better options for reference and use of the space that’s freed up in the glove.

Mine were in the glovebox for only a couple of months until I stopped needing them frequently. I'm one of those rare types that reads and refers to the manuals. ;) They now reside in the backdoor slot and will be moved to my tool bag(s) if I ever need that door space. PDFs are great, but it's amazing what I've learned as a sidebar while searching the paper docs for info.

FWIW, just bought a 2021 LC 200 today and was pleasantly surprised after reading this thread to see all the manuals inside a binder in the glove box. And no "portfolio" reference on the sticker. Here is a photo of the binder I received:

AE6422A6-0927-40A4-B11F-EADC6A66EDF9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom