Builds Project X (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a TTT for pics..............

Nice project but you need to finish it...:)

Last edited:
MYTTOY said:
........ start to finish running and wheelin in 2.5 weeks couple hours a day and one hard weekend.

Gary..................see what you could do if you got busy? ;)

Jimbro

(Mine didn't take much longer, did it?)

Jimbro said:
Gary..................see what you could do if you got busy? ;)

Jimbro

(Mine didn't take much longer, did it?)

bwahahahaha, too funny. :D I think we are all chewing at the bit waiting to see some pics. :beer:

SS_Storm said:
Is this project dead?

No. Patience, grasshopper, soon you will walk the rice paper...

Sounds like a very cool project. I, like so many others, have been clicking "Hardcore" regularly looking for an update. Then, I look in my garage at the about 10 long over-due projects that I need to get done that are 1000x simpler than combining a 45 with an 80. I am not worthy of walking the rice paper.

ARGGGGG I saw new posts and was lured in! I bet Wagoneer is not looking at this thread or is laughing at how pathetic we all are.

newbie question. what the F does TTT mean

newby question. what the F does TTT mean? thnks- new to this - still type with two fingers, last typing class i 1961.

jim

Gary is in Colorado biz/pleasure probably til mid August.............just so you guys don't freak out.
Butch

TO THE TOP!

for pics...

we need electrical work pics.

I have been making progress but its been slow. Cutting all the 80 body mounts of and building all new one ones for the 45 is a PITA. I am setting the 45 body right down on the 80 frame to cover the 80 frame as much as possible. The 80 frame is tall and I don't want it to look like a new Chevy with the frame hanging out from underneath. This means channeling the body in places to make it sit right. It is quite involved. As far as electrical goes, I made the harness first after setting the body on the frame. The harness is now boxed up in my attic. It was an easy mod being that I am using just about all of the 80 stuff with exception of the door electricals and such. Like Butch said, I will be out of town for a while but plan on having it driving by the Fall. Maybe bring it to CM2006.

Sweet Gary, thanks for the update. We are all very interested in this awesome project.

OK back on track now....Jason Keene is helping out with the body mounts, cage and bumpers. I set up the body where I wanted it and ran into a stopping point where I needed to build the body mounts. I did not want to do the body mounts, then the tube fenders, then the cage, then the bumpers, because I wanted them all to tie into one another. Since Jason was going to do the cage/fenders anyway, I decided to let him finish the mounts to make the cage and body mounts sandwich the body tub and make a secure mount. I was a little concerned about doing it this way because of the possible frame flex tearing the body away from the mount. After looking at an 80 tweaked out on a ramp, and seeing the body rubbers not all that compressed/extended, I figure I was good to go. The body is now sitting on the frame on its own mounts and Monday I will be taking the steering column down to make a mount for it. At that point, I will be able to mount the brake booster and drive it. Also on Monday I will be mounting up one of Nolens 40's to see how wide the new front and rear tube fenders will be. It looks like I will be running about a 39" tire with custom lift and I want fenders that will cover them . Unfortunately, the 45 body is so narrow that the stock wheels stick out about 4" past the fenders so a wide set of fenders similar to Landcruiser design for the front will have to be made and the rears will be matching the front giving the 45 a semi stepside look. Its going to be funky for sure. Here is the first shots of the body mounts and how the cage will slip over a section of tube for extra strength. The cage will bolt down through the floor and attach to plates under the body in 4 places for the cab, and 4 places in the bed. The radiator will be moved to the back of the truck built into a false floor, with fans pulling the hot air up and out a louvered panel. As soon as I resize the pics I will post them or go here in the mean time. http://www.jkcustoms.com/latest_projects.htm
G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom