Project 80 series rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it has begun. Pulled front ARB bumper off to evaluate what ac lines were destroyed in the roll over. Overall very little damage was done up in the front area. It will need a new ac dryer and both lines that run to the ac dryer. A small little support was bent , but I was able to bend it back with a bfh. Needs new driver side headlight.

Stripped the rear interior totally. Some plastics were cracked in the rollover. I bagged and labeled everything and probably took close to 500 pictures of the interior coming apart. I will need to buy most windows for the new body since only two survived. I will need to buy a new wire harness for both rear gates as the connectors were ripped off in the rollover. One regulator was totally bent to hell also.

This week I hope to tear apart the front interior including the dash and label and bag everything and more pictures of course. Then the fun begins as I am going to take a sawzall to it and cut it in to pieces to transport to the scrap yard.

After the body is off I will install my lift and clean up the frame a little. I will also pull the trans off and do the rear main seal. Also will be doing a bunch of hoses since the engine will just be sitting there on the frame.

Then it will be off to have the body installed and then I can start putting her all back together I am very excited. My time frame is to have her ready to go by the fall wheeling season.

image-3477260873.jpg

This is how she sits today.

image-3477260873.jpg

Yep so far has been a ton of work. Not really hard per se just tedious.

By the way there will be a rear bumper headin your way for some fab work come June:D

Last edited:
Put more time in today and the wife is wrenching with me too.

Slee rear bumper is a pain to remove. Hopefully I will get it off tomorrow.

image-289674555.jpg

This photo is my psa for fixing the leaky pos rear slider windows. I am going to be installing the solid windows in the new rig. No more leaks for me.

If anyone is willing to let me borrow a torch so I can cut the body mounts off I will pay you in Mexican food and beer :)

image-289674555.jpg

Packet,
I thought I was a glutton for punishment.

Mexican food and :beer: could be a winning combination for ya. Let me know how that works out.

It's always nice to have a helping hand, especially from the :princess:.
Good luck with the build!
Later,
Fu

Question about this hole

Is this hole used for anything? Found a local body that I maybe able use and this area is cut.

photo (3).jpg

More progress today. Right rear door off and gutted. The impact bent the window regulator in the door. Slowly getting closer to the front and gutting it.

So I made a deal on a body. Still having a hell of a time removing the rear Slee bumper.

So does anyone have a torch they could let me borrow over the weekend ? I need to cut the body mounts off. I would be happy to throw you a gift card for Mexican food and your favorite six pack of suds.

Also maybe someone can school me on vin # in AZ. Is the vin attached to a frame or to a body? Obviously my frame will retain the original vin but since the body is trashed all the vins on associated with the original body will be scraped since the body is going to the recycler. So how do I go about registering my truck? Will registration be based off the new body vin? I assume if so, then I need the title for the truck that I am buying the body from?

Last edited:
So I made a deal on a body. Still having a hell of a time removing the rear Slee bumper.

So does anyone have a torch they could let me borrow over the weekend ? I need to cut the body mounts off. I would be happy to throw you a gift card for Mexican food and your favorite six pack of suds.

Also maybe someone can school me on vin # in AZ. Is the vin attached to a frame or to a body? Obviously my frame will retain the original vin but since the body is trashed all the vins on associated with the original body will be scraped since the body is going to the recycler. So how do I go about registering my truck? Will registration be based off the new body vin? I assume if so, then I need the title for the truck that I am buying the body from?

Not very knowledgable on this, but sounds like a model candidate for a salvage title. I'd want titles to both donor vehicles.

This has turned in to a part out so let me know what you guys need. Interior is gray and in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom