For Sale Pricing Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
Premise #1. I don’t know squat about 100 Series Land Cruisers.
I am looking at a 1998 100 Series, 1 owner, approximately 115,000 miles. The Cruiser is silver with an above average interior and no visible rust. I haven’t seen the Cruiser in person and am trying to decide if it’s worth a road trip. What’s a fair price for an early, clean 100 Series?
Thanks in advance. 😊

How many owners and duration of time/miles between. What repairs/replacement items have been done. And most importantly- hows rust underneath!?
Many candy coated rusted out 100s exists for sale.

Unfortunately I’m still waiting on many of your questions to be answered by the seller. Supposedly it’s a one owner that been mainly serviced at a Toyota dealership. Is 115,000 miles a big plus on a 1998 or is that considered average?

$14-16k?

I don't know - prices on these have gotten so high, and you never know when someone has been looking for that exact truck that checks all their boxes, and they are willing to pay more.

11-12k

Someone else will probably pay more for the low mileage but not sure I would. 115k mileage is definitely a plus but as others have indicated I would be more excited about service/ownership history and significant details on condition. The earlier models are not considered as desirable as later models by most, so use that as balance for the low mileage etc. Is the selling party the original owner? or has it now passed to some joe schmo dealer who is pumping up the price? If so I would just walk away now, but that's just my deal, everyone else has their own take on such matters.

NEVER MIND ..... a friend looked at the Cruiser and the part about “rust free” wasn’t entirely accurate. The frame has significant issues.

$16K ..... although I had no intentions of offering that amount.

No doubt. If it actually was "rust free" and everything else checked out - my personal bottom dollar would have been $14,000.00

I'm looking at 2000 LC with 232,000. He has it listed for $8,500. Still a lot of questions to be answered on that one though. At least know he's owned it for like 15 years, and its for sure a southern vehicle, so doubt I'll find any rust. There's a softball size dent on the rear hatch that I figure is going to be $500+ to repair.

Hide the dent with a tire swing out on the bumper you buy

Yeah I've thought about that...

But I'll need to save up for the bumper, which means I'll be riding around with the dent for a while, and that's going to bother me. But, she might not be the one. We'll see. I'm in no hurry at all.
122390066_10158680947873320_3358397125650822870_o.jpg

Surely there’s a Liftfate out there for sale that doesn’t break the bank. Might luck up and get one in the correct color. I would let something like a dented tailgate keep me out of a solid 100. Just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom