Previous owner installed wire jumping two fuses??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help... Ignore the fact that some fuses are incorrect (I fixed them) and this was a terrible job. I was trying to figure out this jumper that was installed and it's bizarre.

Important note is when I removed it, the truck would not start though all electric works as though it would. Had to reinstall the wire to even turn truck back on.

83679555_10217128795952214_1316075668525547520_n.jpg

You don't provide much to go on here (like model, year, fuse labels). Just a guess - is it jumping the EFI fuse?

You don't provide much to go on here (like model, year, fuse labels). Just a guess - is it jumping the EFI fuse?

Oh wow sorry. I asked on facebook and realized I didn't copy all the info. (BTW all the responses on facebook were dumb jokes).

2006 tacoma 4wd. the 7.5A is the gauge fuse (meter and gauge, emergency flashers) and the 20A is the 4wd fuse (four-wheel drive system, rear diff lock system).

Only mods that I know of are led fog lights that are plug and play. Has factory rear locker too.

Seriously. Remove the fücking wire and see what changes. Running the 20a into a 7.5a hole is a fire looking for a place to happen.

Seriously. Remove the fücking wire and see what changes. Running the 20a into a 7.5a hole is a fire looking for a place to happen.

Important note is when I removed it, the truck would not start though all electric works as though it would. Had to reinstall the wire to even turn truck back on.

Sounds like he DID remove it, and the truck won't start.

Need to get that fixed (non-start). Like, right away. As in, if you have recently purchased this truck, you need to take it back and tell them they sold you a defective and dangerous vehicle. Having a bare wire like that is just asking for trouble, and eventually it will leave you stranded somewhere.

Just for your info I suggest you pull that wire, remove the fuses in question then turn key on and test the two sockets to see which one isn't operating correctly. Perhaps then you can start to trace the issue. Under no circumstances should the uninsulated wire remain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom