Prayers; thoughts; encouragement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mountain of a man.

C86C7EF5-38CA-4381-A4F9-9B3880A118C4.jpeg

EA93FCFD-8C0B-4346-A529-800A45386DAE.jpeg

217DFC0C-B782-494D-A35D-BAAEA755DE85.jpeg

C555AE0E-3595-4947-A557-554FA3726FDF.jpeg

09D2A12B-911E-48F9-8FD5-0038F19C5C3B.jpeg

Dave was easy to admire. He figured out what was important to him and let the rest go. Pretty important lesson for me there. Find us some good tracks, Dave. Till then we’ll miss you brother.

I will get more details but looking like Sun Sept 4th @ Petit Jean State Park.

Then probably hit some dirt roads after it as a memorial ride…

I know Labor Day weekend so many will have plans.

Firm details to follow soon.

Thanks for posting John

I knew Dave for over 30 years. The last 20 years he has been one of my closest friends. It took me 10 years for him to trust me with his life and I trusted him with mine as well. Dave was an outgoing likable person that would go out of his way to help others. He was at the same time a very private person. We confided in each other and when either of us may be struggling with something. He let very few people outside of his family in. He was the type of friend to me that he could call me out and risk me being mad at him if he thought I was doing something wrong or something I needed to do differently. I did the same for him. In my experience, very few friends care deeply enough for them to do that for you. Friends like that are rare.
Dave was one of a kind.

I’ve visited him and we would go shooting. He called me his “Go To Gun Guy” when he wanted advice on what to buy, etc.
I called him a “Modern Day Grizzly Adam’s” due to his vast knowledge of outdoors and living off the land. He was a avid reader and I encouraged him to write a book based off the knowledge he had gained over his lifetime…

The last time I visited him I rode my motorcycle. He took me on a day long trip on some back roads and we ate at the Oark Cafe. On our trip we happened to see some wild boar and even a black bear ran out in front of his cruiser. I remember him saying “Ya Know Brian, Seeing All These Animals In One Day Doesn’t Happen That Often”. That day was a gift to me from God.

I’ve worked on cars all my life. Mostly domestic stuff. He was the one who said the Toyota Land Cruiser was the best overall vehicle ever made. He educated me on the different series, etc. Based on his advice I purchased a 2009 LX570 a little over 5 years ago and I Love It! I’m not really an off-roader but I did a few things to make it an acceptable bug-out vehicle. I told him that one day I wanted to bring it to Arkansas and take it off road on some very “mild” trails. It still has OEM size 20” rims on it. I said I would look like “Prince” or a poser riding up in my ride compared to what you guys drive! He laughed..

When he had his surgery a couple/few weeks ago, some of our mutual friends sent him cards and letters. Dave and I texted and talked often so I decided to buy him a small gift instead. I don’t know exactly why, but I bought him a hatchet and had Amazon deliver it to him. He called me and said “Dang It Man! You Didn’t Have To Buy Me Anything! I Do Appreciate It Though. All I Have Is An Old Gerber Hatchet So I’m Putting Yours In My Rig!”
I then asked him “Dave, Is This Surgery Life Threatening?” He Said “Man, I Don’t Think So, But You Never Know”.
I then proceeded to ask him to make absolutely sure about Jesus saving him and he assured me twice “Yeah, I’ve Got That Taken Care Of.”
That was the last time I talked to him.
My wife and I are driving from Nashville to pay out respects and driving back on Labor Day.
Man!, I Miss My Friend, But I Take Solace In Knowing I’ll See Him Again One Day!
Praise God!
God Bless, Brian

3B585E51-DF8A-4284-A08D-7EB2C862CE94.jpeg

779B1825-662B-47AF-B961-16FE7EFA9DEB.jpeg

EDA892CE-AF41-46BF-B80E-6530F9CF4FC6.jpeg

29DBF141-C7EA-464E-8F4D-75FEC7933CAF.jpeg

A8E56ED0-C009-4F2B-83D1-15D76B068702.jpeg

Brian thanks for sharing and amen.

That’s my silver 100 series he bought from me in your pics. You talked about buying an 09. He thought my 01 was brand new.!

We talked a long time when he came to get the 100. He had big plans for out west trips.

Thank you for your words. Your faith is encouraging to many of us.

Brian thanks for sharing and amen.

That’s my silver 100 series he bought from me in your pics. You talked about buying an 09. He thought my 01 was brand new.!

We talked a long time when he came to get the 100. He had big plans for out west trips.

Thank you for your words. Your faith is encouraging to many of us.
That is So Cool he bought it from you! He loved that truck! I believe he bought an old Jeep to tool around in just to keep the mileage down on his Cruiser. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

That is So Cool he bought it from you! He loved that truck! I believe he bought an old Jeep to tool around in just to keep the mileage down on his Cruiser. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Yep. That’s it on the right. Last trip we took together. He was supposed to get surgery after this trip but they put it off to make it the monster surgery.

5E58CB8D-ED7A-4805-8702-9DE4E7FD2F54.jpeg

he bought an old Jeep to tool around in just to keep the mileage down on his Cruiser

In the Superlift/Hot Springs days, I vividly remember him stating that he "beats on the Jeeps to save the Toyotas". That was around the time he had a very well built TJ.

Said goodbye to Dave again today in the beautiful Petit Jean State Park.

Ate a couple of burgers and avoided the interstate as much as possible the way he would have wanted

0314F58C-2894-488C-AEB5-AF3D06214ADB.jpeg

EDC47AB5-0805-4429-8CB9-4760967B1079.jpeg

BFCA5849-D009-4379-A0A3-4990D05B6FEA.jpeg

D4472642-16F0-4549-A0FD-F7C340744564.jpeg

B731CFB4-2D94-40C3-8C06-E1A5CAD9F0EB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom