PowerTec AF1044 Air Filtration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've already got one of these:

20181221_195321.jpg
20190406_145255.jpg

I upgraded the outer filter to a Merv 8, and it does a really good job of catching the fine airborne dust. The control panel went out about a month after installing, so a quick call to PowerTec CS, and they sent out a new one, which has been fine.

Wanting to create a bit more circulation in my basement shop, because the stairwell basically goes down into the middle of the space:

20200701_160828.jpg

I bought a second one to mount on the opposite wall (other side of the staircase). $299 free shipping, direct from PowerTec.

After unboxing, I plugged it in, and it was DOA. Motor wouldn't spin once power was applied. Spins freely without power. Soooo... In typical Hack mode, I took it apart to see if it was something simple. It wasn't. I'm thinking bad capacitor. A quick call to PowerTec CS, an 'over the phone' demonstration of what it was doing (or not doing), and they said box it back up. Hmmmm... Easy for them to say. I asked them to just send out another motor/blower unit, and I'd replace it (I'd already taken it out of the case). No, they want the entire unit back, as some sort of quality control 'look see'. I advised them that most of the packing material (Styrofoam) was broken during un-boxing. They said just do the best you can, we've ordered you a new one, UPS will deliver and pickup the non-working unit. Sooooo... I re-assembled the unit, stuffed it back in the box (I knew better than cut up the cardboard...), and crammed all the bits and pieces of styrofoam around it. I expect it to get here fast, as the last one was ordered/delivered in 4-5 days.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the product not working (Chinese mfg...). But I can also say that their CS is top notch.

Unbelievable!!!! The replacement air filtration box was delivered the NEXT DAY!!! Unfortunately, the UPS driver didn't pickup the bad unit. So.... Off to the UPS store I went...

I haven't found the definitive location for this one. I've got a lot of plumbing, HVAC piping in the way. So I cleared off a shelf and put it here:

20201218_165210.jpg

So far, seems to move the air fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom