Power System Control (PCS) KZJ77 (1KZ-T) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I or at least my mechanic have fitted a new for me used complete manual transferbox, I think 150 or 151.

The new box missed a 1st gear switch, which my original box did have.

When I test-drove the box for the first time I was happy that it was working good since it was a cheap second hand bought a few years ago.
However I also noted lack in power on hills. I plugged the vacuum lines wich went to the vacuum switcher on the box and it seemed to pull better.

I had some problems with the mechanical injection pump being loose on the engine a few months ago and the pcs (actuator) came loose and had a bit of damaged locknut thread.
I mounted it back as good as I could (tight) but couldn´t do any adjustments to it, also because its in a horrible place to work on between engine and pump.

Since I am now looking for recovering lost power I am going over things like boost pressure and interconnecting fuel flow and started with trying to adjust this PCS thing.
I found the following in the manual, and was surprised there could be a link with my missing 1st gear switch on tranny.

Could anyone explain to me what this PCS actually does and how (why) its linked to 1st gear & reverse operation of the solenoid valve?

Thanks and regards from Tenerife

20151025_1KZ-T_engine_Page218.jpg

20151025_1KZ-T_engine_Page219.jpg

IMG_20220309_105419.jpg

IMG_20220309_105500.jpg

IMG_20220309_105607.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom