Powder coating or Raptor painting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a long long story, Ive finally managed to pick up a set of matching rims to my current style, only to notice they are painted not polished.

So I'm thinking that I'll just organise them to get coated and then I can get them in black to match the rest of my car.

I had a chat with my body shop guy who did my respray and he said that there are two options, powder coating or raptor painting. Powder coating is cheaper but a long queue, but Raptor paint has more colour options and he can turn them around in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any experience with raptor on rims? Did it last? Im leaning towarda powder coating, but there is also a lot of people saying raptor is fine.

Having been a media blaster and having many things powder coated for customer, but driving a Raptor Lined Cruiser, it really depends on what you're going for and how hard you're going to use them. If you just want a gloss black and aren't going to be hammering them too bad, I would prefer the powder coat. That said, with the proper surface prep and the ability to touch up easily and the hardness of Raptor, I like Raptor for abusing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom